Saturday, May 19, 2012

Progress

Well, yesterday Levi and Bro.Legg put up OSB in the bathroom. It needs to be painted black (the OSB)...then they'll tile the floor (with slate)...put the toilet in...put up the barn door... and that room will be ready to be used. :) It's the "out house" bathroom so on top of the OSB will be barn wood (on the walls). He has the barn wood ready...but they are just making it livable at this point. That's one room that will be neat to see finished. Levi's dad gave me an old latter I'm going to use for a towel rack....I have a mason jar soap pump..... an old shutter for the window...and some other ideas are in the works. It's way fun!!! One major thing, Levi and I have in common and LOVE working on together. I'm still trying to figure out what to use for a shower curtain.....I'm thinking plaid, but we'll see. :)

They also have the laundry room completely done. Or pretty close, so now I'll have my washer and dryer. We got one snazzy deal on those!The washer is what I am most excited about to use. It's WAY nice, with all sorts of bells and whistles. It's great having Levi work at Lowe's. He's able to watch for deals or "dent and scratch" product. That what he's doing for the fridge too....hopefully something pops up soon. Otherwise we may get an el-cheapo from a garage sale or Craig's list for the time being. Our stove is going in the island and has to be special ordered. So no discount there. :)

Levi, one evening worked on the stone walk way. It's not all the way done, but still cute. I can't wait until next summer when we can work on the yard and landscaping. I did manage to plant one lone flower...that I got from church for mothers day. It made me feel good to have at least one flower out there in the middle of the dirt landscape and construction.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh honey, things are sounding like it's coming together for you to be in soon. It's all sounding beautiful. I like the stone walk way and your lonesome flower represents life to come :)
    What about a shower curtain with some birds on it? When he had our barn growing up the birds like to make nests in the loft. Just a thought.

    Let Levi know we've been praying for God to give him strength, wisdom and peace as he tries to get everything done.

    I'm sorry I haven't had time to talk at work. We are so short handed. We'll need to some how find time for a long talk up dating on everything.

    I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Heck even your flower pot is cute. You are so amazing, I just can't wait to see what else you do =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!!! sounds like it is coming right along. So happy for you. Looking good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful Jessa :) I LOVE LOVE the walk way up to the house. Levi did a GOOD JOB :) Hopefully I will get to see it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete