Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scrap Booking

That's what I've been up too sense Monday night. I think it's a new addiction! Once I got started...I wanted to finish. I love it! I'm not a super crafty person, but I really enjoy projects that I can get quick results. Also, I always thought scarp booking was kinda expensive. Well, there is this store called Ollie's down here. They have scrap booking stuff for really cheap. AND I've also been finding things at garage sales.

I took a bunch of pictures so I could show my mom. I'm just a beginner.... :) Maybe I'll get more creative as I go.... :)

I also took a picture of this wicker chair I spray painted. It was pretty ugly looking....but for $3 I figured a coat of white paint would do wonders. The cushion that was on it looked really bad so my mother in law had the idea to just cover it with a pillow case. That will do until I can find a good red fabric to re-cover it with. I also got a matching foot stool at a different garage sale for $2 that I spray painted as well.

Then there is one more of those end tables. I wanted it to have that "primitive" look. Or distressed look....I still have one more to do. Then I have a couple other projects. I want to make a wheel barrow coffee table, out of a half barrel. And also, the out house bathroom is going to have a wheel barrow sink. I'm not making the sink, but I do need sand, and varnish, the wheel barrow. I'm also thinking I'm going to paint the rusty rims black. We'll see.....

Okay sorry for rambling.... here's the pictures. :)












5 comments:

  1. I love scrap booking. That is one thing I look forward to doing now that I'm home. The chair is super cute. I can' t wait to see all the pictures when you get your house done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so neat! I can't wait to see what your whole house will look like. And scrapbooking, how fun!!! Thats one of those things I wish we lived close again so we could do together =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good Job it looks GREAT!!!! You are doing a lot better than I ever would......lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of it looks great. You are so like me. Small projects that we can finish in a sitting or two. That's our kind of project. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanndra, I'm glad you get to NOT live out of a suitcase anymore!!! I'm SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

    Angela, I wish!!! Trust me!! I had that thought many times. "Too bad Angla couldn't do this with me!! With a cup of coffee!!!". ;-)

    Jenn, really it's easier the it looks... and doesn't take as long as I thought! It's really relaxing, and you feel super productive when your done. :D

    Mom, YUP small projects!!! ;-) Except puzzels.....I'll never like those!!! :-D Love and miss you too!!! LOTS!!!!!!

    -Me ;-)

    ReplyDelete