
Ya...so now that's when the contractor said he'll be done with his part on building the house. Levi would have a lot to do after but, I'll explain more about that later...
You'll have to excuse my ramblings but, I'm going to back up to last week when I had a minni meltdown. Levi told me that he's going to have the flooring made for us at a local saw mill. Made with walnut trees from the woods. Which he said,(and the kicker)was that it would take 3 MONTHS to finish. I admit I freaked out on the poor man. Just broke down. I had in my dream mind that I would be able to decorate our OWN Christmas tree for Christmas. As long as we where in the house by Christmas I would be just fine. Well......I got over the whole flooring thing, because Levi explained (very calmly lol) we could still move in on the sub flooring. AND it would save us $4,000! On top of that, although, I had a lighter colored wood planned. I liked the idea of the flooring coming from our woods.
Alrighty, well, I had been feeling like the Lord was trying to teach me a lesson on patience. On many different levels.... not just the house.... I'm pretty sure The Lord had an abundance of it here on earth. I don't want to just "appear" calm on the outside. I want to be calm on the inside too. That's been my prayer to have Christ like patience. Well...lol....don't ask for something unless you really want it. :) This week we were told that the house won't be up until Jan 1 or so...THAT IS AFTER CHRISTMAS one. AND two, Levi is putting in the kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, and lighting. Which he has only evenings and weekends to work on those things. SOOoooooooooooo, who knows when the house will "really" be done. I can say though, and thank The Lord! I was cool as a cucumber (on the inside :) when he told me. If I continue to let Him, I know the Lord will give me the patience I need.
The Lord has been very, VERY, good to us! We get to build our dream. :)
As have now, the logs are coming this month. The basement will hopefully start to go in next week. It will be wonderful to see. :)



My goodness they sure are poking around about building. I would be getting frustrated to. I have to give you credit you have held yourself together a lot better than I would be. See ya this weekend. Have a good evening :)
ReplyDeleteSo you should come home for Christmas :-) Just a thought!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm smiling and feeling pity at the same time. I've been where you are. Sort of. Except I still had a partial house of my own to live in. It's like this. (I'll try to keep it short.) ;-)
ReplyDeleteWe moved from a 5 bedroom, 3 bath, 2,600 square foot home in Colorado Springs to a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 860 square foot log cabin in Howard, Colorado. We had 3 teenagers living at home. Our contractor promised to have the new 850 square feet of log home added on in 3 months. We would finish out the interior ourselves. Meanwhile, the carpet was SO NASTY in the old part of the house we ripped it out and I was HAPPY to have sub-flooring instead of that gross carpet. Long story short, it took nearly twice as long as the contractor promised and one day when the contractor just didn't show up for the umpteenth day in a row I went to a tole painting class with a bunch of women I'd never met before. When somebody asked about where we lived and I told them we were building on to our home, I had a major breakdown right there in front of a bunch of strangers! I just started bawling and blubbering that I'd hoped to already be moved in but nothing was going as promised and I was at the end. HA! Those poor women! It's made me pretty jaded about believing contractors and mechanics. They never come through with what they promise. I'm sure they have good intentions and THINK they can do the job, but in my experience it just doesn't happen. I've learned to NOT get my hopes up. Whatever the contractor says (we've had dealings with several more since that experience), I just automatically double it; then I'm HAPPY if they get it done in the time I've allotted.
BTW, we ended up with a lovely 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 1,700 square foot log home in the mountains of Colorado. It was our dream come true. We got to live there for 9 wonderful years. Well, 8 1/2 of the years were wonderful, anyway. :-) We lived with sub-floors for 1 1/2 years but that wasn't a big problem. There's a lot worse things. --When it came time that the Lord wanted us to move on, I had no regrets about leaving our dream home. I'm just so grateful for the time we had, and I've been happy with the homes the Lord has given to us since then.
From what I've seen, it's obvious you have a knack for decorating, and you like the country/rustic look. That's a very forgiving and FUN way to decorate--imperfections just add character. Just remember that when you're living with sub-floors, waiting on that gorgeous floors in the picture above! It'll be worth the wait. Have fun with your dreams. It'll be a wild ride. Keep a journal so you can go back and read your feelings after it's all over.