Friday, October 7, 2011

Kenai

Is the new beagle puppy.

Only a man would have the wonderful idea of getting a puppy, when you already have a toddler to clean up and chase after. Oh... but ya....that's me that does that. ;-)Then there is the other issue of living in some body else's house!! Which although Levi thinks of it has "just his parents, they won't care". I still feel like it's a bit much to ask of them.

Honestly, Kenai hasn't been that bad. He doesn't bark at all. At least not yet. He does wine from time to time, but not horribly. The funny part, although, we got the puppy for Noah and for Levi (for hunting) he has latched on to me. *sigh* oh well, He's cute...and mellow, sooooo I'll claim him. ;-)

The only other thing to mention is we got out logs! That was an exciting day. :)


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pup and the logs! :-) Are they "D" logs? That's what we had in Colorado. I liked them MUCH better than my mother-in-law's cabin with the full round logs. It was a pain hanging stuff on the interior walls and she had to deal with dust on the top edges of the logs. YAY for logs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis. Smith :) They are D logs. :) Round on the outside, flat on the inside. We got our logs from BPB Logging. They Borax (sp?) treat the logs. I'm not sure if the borax keeps bugs out, or helps with the weathering of the wood.

    I read your comment on my "woe is me" post (haha!). I enjoyed reading about your ordeal!! I laughed even. ;-) I may have to go back a read it again someitme. It's nice to know someones been there! Breakdown and all! That's great! :)

    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I would love to switch puppies. Rugger was so worn out from playing with Kenai on Sat. That was fun watching them. I agree only a man would decided to get a puppy when you already have enough on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Did I mention that I had more than one breakdown in the middle of Home Depot? HA! We were 100 miles from the closest Home Depot (no Lowe's available at the time)--100 miles of winding, canyon, mountainous roads--so we would take a trailer over and load up all the supplies we could think of. The day we went over and picked out the toilets, sinks, light fixtures, showers, faucets (and a bazillion other things) was WAY too overwhelming. I couldn't think anymore, I couldn't make decisions, I was tired and employees kept hiding from us so I did what any normal woman would do . . . I stood there while the tears started dripping off my chin. HA! Great memories. Well, not really, but they're MEMORABLE memories at least! It wouldn't have been near so stressful if we didn't live so far away from the lumber yards.
    Are your logs part of a kit where the interior layout is already figured? We bought the D logs and designed the interior ourselves. One thing I learned (too late) was that when I drew the design on paper it was great, but I forgot that each interior wall occupies a good 6" of space. On my sketch it was just a little line. Oopsie. The rooms turned out much smaller than I'd anticipated and we actually ended up removing one of the walls, eliminating my planned sewing/craft room, and expanded the new living room into that space. Everything would have been WAY too tight otherwise. It turned out nice and that space actually became our music nook where my antique piano was the focal point. It was a happy mistake.
    Are you guys planning on having a wood stove? We used wood heat exclusively for the first 7 years, then we put a cast iron gas log stove in the kitchen/dining room area. If you're planning a wood stove be sure to check out the Jotul (pronounced yodel) stoves. We LOVED ours! They're a bit more expensive, but they're beautiful, efficient, and ours had a great feature that you could either open up the doors to feed the fire, or there was a foot pedal you could step on to open up the hinged lid on the top so if you had an armload of wood you didn't have to put it down to open the doors. --We sure did love that log home. Happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, It was fun watching the puppies!!! Don't worry though.....Kenia isn't any better. He's in this chewing on EVERYTHING phase!!!! He loves paper!!! AND try weraing a long robe with him....SUPER ANNOYING!!!!!!

    Sis. Smith,

    Good to hear, that way if I have a meltdown again. I can tell myself "it's okay, Sis. Smith brokedown too". haha! :) Somehow it does make it all seem better...more normal...and less like "losing it". :)

    Levi working at LOWES is a HUGE blessing!! We are able to watch for certain things to go on sale. Then of course there is the discount. I can only imagin how annoying it was to be soooooooooooo far away from a store!!!!!!! Having to get a bunch of stuff at one time. Oh.MY.Goodnes!! I would spaz. That is just toooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm glad all those bad memories in the end produced good ones. It sounds like it was worth it!!! That's what I keep telling myself. ;-) It will be worth it in the end. Even if 3 months has turned it to 6....and if the Lord wants 6 months to turn into a year or more. Log homes are just so beautiful, and worth the endless waiting!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete