Seriously there is always someone here. If I were to be super honest. It was SOOOOOO NICE!!!! Normally in the evening I'm running around chasing after Noah, and the puppy. Cleaning up their messes all while making dinner and doing the endless dishes. On top of that, TRYING at least to be a friendly host. Tonight though, While dinner was cooking, I took a long bath (Levi watched Noah), then I ran up to IGA leaving Noah with Levi... and enjoyed looking at pasta, cereal, and all kinds of exciting food ;-) all. A-LONE. lol.... :-D Oh so nice.
I love people! I LOVE people coming over! It's just nice to be alone sometimes too.
So about the cabin. They STILL haven't started on it. Something about the log company didn't account for a support beam in one of the rooms(our room). So they are having to rework the plans with the county.
Sis. Smith, :) we got our log home plan from the same place we got the logs. A kit. We only did small, minor changes to the interior layout.
Sorry this is so small. We added a wrap around porch. So the roof line will look a lot different. It's going to be just under 3,000 square feet, when the basement is finished. Our bedroom will be upstairs with a full bath attached. There will be a loft, which will more then likely be Levi's office area. We'll see. :) The main level will have a kitchen, dinning room, living room, laundry room, and a MUST for me...a pantry. Also, a full bath (the outhouse bathroom:-) and 2 bedrooms. The basement, the last to get done. It will be a walk out basement.... It will have a family room, 2 smaller bedrooms, a half bath, and some kind of wood working room for Levi. No garage. A log car port, or a detached garage at some point. We thought it just wouldn't look right with an attached garage. The only bummer.
There will be a fire place. As you can see... the brick (or the plan is... river rock) will go all the way up to the 2nd floor on the inside as well. I'm really excited about that part. The heating.... I'm not sure how to explain. I'm going to sound retarded. :) I forgot to ask Levi more specifics, but it's going to be wood burning. The "stove" though, is outside, and somehow comes inside. There will be vents and everything. haha!! The only question I have about wood burning heat is if it will make the air dryer then the other options?? I guess I've heard that from somewhere. I LOVE, love, LOVE, the smell of wood burning stoves!!!!!!!!! It just adds to the cabiny ambiance.:o)
Alrighty, I think I'm done for the night!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!



WOW!!!! maybe we should have came over last night....lol Dinner sounds AMAZING!!!! I love all the plans you have for your cabin. I cant wait till we get decorate :)
ReplyDeleteHow did your cheese cake turn out? I'm glad you finally got some time to yourself. Your house sounds like it's going to be awesome...
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you.
Your home sound FANTASTIC! --I've seen ads and read a little bit about the type of furnaces you're describing. They're supposedly very efficient. But I doubt you'll benefit from the great aroma of wood burning heat, unless you put a fire in the fireplace. And, yes, the air is much dryer with wood burning heat. We always kept a cast iron kettle filled with water on the stove to humidify the air. We also purchased a portable humidifier that we had to fill with water a least once a day.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE wrap-around porches. And dormers. I love the look of dormers both inside and outside.
I also love the look of river rock. Everyone around here uses stacked rock. It's nice, but I like river rock better. Stacked rock looks a little too classy or ritzy, I think. River rock looks simpler and less pretentious. Our wood burning stove sat in a corner and the two walls had rock all the way to the ceiling. It really looked pretty, and the rock would heat up from the stove and help hold the heat longer once the fire died down.
Instead of having an attached garage we opted to build a red metal barn a little ways off from the house. It was 40'x44' and had 14' tall doors in the middle on the front side and the back side so we could drive our RV through and leave the trailer parked inside, then there were 2 more garage doors on either side of the tall RV doors where we parked our cars. We lived right on the highway and we frequently received compliments--everyone loved the log home with the red barn. They just looked neat together. Our cabin had a green metal roof and green window trim and doors. I wanted it to look like the Lincoln Log houses I used to build when I was a little girl. =) The red barn (garage) had a white roof and trim.
I didn't know Levi worked at Lowe's. What a blessing!!! That will make your experience SO MUCH easier than ours was! Maybe you'll actually get an employee to assist you! HA!
I just found your blog! Its great, I love your bakground!
ReplyDeleteMom the cheesecake turned out really great! I love and miss you too!
ReplyDeleteJenn, I can't wait until it's done so I can decorate too. It's KILLLING me!!
Sara, glad you stopped by, and THANKS!! :) I LOVE quilts!!!! ;-)
Sis. Smith, It's funny cuz for the longest time I had stacked stone planned for the fire place. :)haha!! I agree though...it's waaaaay tooooo formal!!!!!!!! Hence the change of mind. :)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the idea of a red barn for a garage!!!! I bet it looked really, REALLY, nice with a log cabin!!!!!!!! LOVE it and may steel the idea. :) Levi has a small tracter so that would be the perfect thing to have! We are going to put a charocoal colored metal roof on with red doors. My inlaws have a green roof on their log cabin and it looks very nice!