My mothers day was great! Even though I had to work, early that morning.....
I stopped and got a iced mocha and a ham and cheese croissant. It was a beautiful morning! Got my day off to a good start. ;-) Levi and Noah came and met me at work after morning service and then we headed to mom and dad's house. Had barbecue chicken and pork chops. It was yummy. I got mom a fabric card that says "Mom". I though it was neat. I also got her a decorative stitched pillow that says's "mother" and what it means. This year was hard, what do you get someone to show how much you love and appreciate them?? I gotta say, MOMS are DEFINITELY the most unappreciated people!!! My mom does SOOOOOOO much!!!! On soooo many levels, she is SOOOO taken for granted. Even by me. I hope though, she knows how much she is loved!!! More then words can say!
After lunch, Levi surprised me and said he would take me shopping for mothers day. WOWZERS! We got a 10 dollar of coupon in the mail for JC penny. He whipped it out of his pocket, all proud of him self. :) AW I love him!! We went to the mall where JC Penny is, and looked around for about an hour. He kinda stressed me out! He followed me around everywhere. He didn't say anything, but I knew he was sooooo bored! So the pressure was on to find something quick. Actually, I almost walked out of there with nothing. I tried on a bunch of dresses, and some skirts. But I'm in this weird size. Somethings were too big, where others were too small and clung all wrong. SO, just as we were walking out, I found a blouse I liked. I hurried up and tried it on, AND LOVED IT! YAY! Finally. ;-)
Then, he took me out for dessert. :) He so knows me. I wanted to go to my favorite restaurant, Greek Corner. They know me, and it would have been nice to see them again before we leave. It's closed though on Sundays. Sooooo, we went to Apple Bee's and got at cookie sundae to share.
OH! Mom was watching Noah! Thankfully, he went down for a loooong nap soon after we left. She was able to rest for a while too. I'm glad for that. Thanks though mom for doing that for us!!! See!! She does SOOOoooo much. All the time!
We then ran home real quick so I could change for church. Then we got Noah and headed to church.
Dad preached a really good message! He preached on "elevators". How we need to keep "going up" with God, not stay on the same floor, and NEVER push the button to GO DOWN! He said it better, but anyway it was really good!
Well, with ALLLL that said. It was really was a GREAT MOTHERS DAY!!



Sounds like you had a great mother's day. Mothers are REALLY special people.
ReplyDeleteGOOD I am glad you had a good mothers day! Its always extra special when your hubby surprises you with something extra.........lol
ReplyDeleteGlad it was a great day. LoL shopping with Ryan is about as fun. Speed shopping mode turns on! at least they try :)
ReplyDeleteI commented yesterday but for some reason it didn't save. I am so glad you still got to enjoy your mother's day even though you had to work. I love you so much that I can't even begin to put it into words. Be the mother that pleases God and you'll be the BEST mother.
ReplyDelete