Monday, January 24, 2011

Busy, Busy & Random Pics.(mostly of Noah:)

It seems like we have been really busy the last few days. The men had Men's Retreat with Bro. McGriff and Bro. Carter. So Mom and I went shopping both Friday, and Saturday. Man, we got some SUPER great deals!! Noah's in this in between size. His 6 month stuff doesn't fit him, but some of the 6-9 month things are too long. Pants and sleepers were the biggest issue. Anyhow, we shopped until I felt like I would literally drop on Saturday.

Sunday morning was great. With just the women Sunday morning it was kinda nice. ;) We had a good time, and I felt refreshed after the song service and the message.

Sunday night Bro. McGriff preached a SUPER good message on A.N.T.S (Active Negative Thinking Syndrome). You could take that many ways...it really was very good!!! He used this scripture Philippians 4:8 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. I was SOOOOOOOOOO tired that evening, but it's amazing how you can get energized when the spirit is present. Lord, bring my mind, and also my mouth into subjection!! That I may always edify your body and reflect your love to the lost.

Monday, I didn't do a whole lot during the day. We had Bro. Carter and Bro. McGriff over for dinner that evening. Which we enjoyed. Plus, I was pretty proud of my dessert! I made mint chococalte cake. Levi LOVES (!!) chocolate cake, but I thought it was boring. So, I just put random stuff in a plain jane chocolate cake box, and hoped for the best. ;>)Not something I should do when company is coming over, but it turned out good.

Something else that we have been doing this week. Is letting Noah "cry it out". I did it with him at about 4 months, because I thought he was being fussy. Turned out that he was being extra fussy because he was teething. So I stopped and a week later he was back to his normal self. Ironically, he got his first 2 bottom teeth this week...Anyhow, we put him in his own room at 4.5 months, but I didn't really stick to it. I began taking him to bed with us, which is the worst thing I've done yet. So now, he's back in his own room. By himself, and we are letting him cry himself to sleep. It's heartbreaking!!!!!!!!!!!!! It kills when the first time I hear "Mama" is when my child is crying. :( It's good though for all of us. I can't even tell ya how I enjoy having my husband back!!

Well, that's it around here. Oh yes!! Real quick. Noah's neck is SOOOOOOOO much better!!!!! It's just been a week and it's amazing!!!! His head isn't completely vertical yet, but very, very, close!!!!!! :D YAY!! Thank you Lord!!!

This was taken last week, his neck doesn't tilt that much now.

Alaskans call the pink hue over the mountains "ice cream sky".

4 comments:

  1. Cute pics. You are way stronger then me. I could never do the crying out thing. And your so right letting Tyler sleep with us was the worst thing I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamey!! I think so too... :)

    LeAnndra, honestly.....I wouldn't be able to do it with out Levi. He makes me be strong. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay about his neck. Praise the Lord. He is bigger then all our problems.
    "Cryng it out" is hard, but after the first few days and they realize they are gonna lose the fight it is SO worth it for mom and dad. Your a good mom Jessa. Keep it up and listen to your husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete