There is this book that I kinda want to get...It's called "Made To Crave". I was listening to the author on TV. She was talking about emotional eaters. I am SO an emotional eater!! I never used to be that way until I had to start watching my weight, and what I was eating. It's like, I'll be doing REALLY good and then something will happen that will stress me out and I'll think to myself " I SOOOO deserve that brownie!!". Then it becomes "I NEED" that brownie!! Then it goes down hill form there. There is NO doubt that brownie made me feel better, even GREAT, short term. Very short term!! Instead though, of reaching for the ice cream, or chocolate, chips, or what ever my naughty fingers can scrounge up. I need to turn IMMEDIATELY to God and fill my craving with Him. "Satisfying my deepest desire with GOD not food". Good idea huh!? Well, that's what the book says.

Okay, yes...I just blogged about dieting. I'm done now. Promise. ;>)
Tonight we had a really good band meeting! Enjoyed the devotion and fellowship.
This week is going to be kinda busy. I need to start packing things for our trip to Ohio. We are going to be gone from Feb.4th - Feb.18. And our schedule sounds kinda full. I'm sooooo excited though for Levi's parents to meet Noah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT to see their faces!!!
Also, Wednesday The Women's Missionary Band is putting on a spaghetti dinner for The Covenant House. A home for the battered, the homeless, and pregnant, women under 20 years of age. Spaghetti, bread sticks, salad, and brownies are on the menu. I think I'll set up the church on Tuesday, and that way all I'll have to do is just make the food on Wednesday. I hope it turns out to be a good out reach, and encourages the women to reach out to other women.
Alrighty, morning comes fast, so I better get off. Have a wonderful, blessed, and restful Sunday one and all!!



Have fun in Ohio. Don't eat that brownie at the dinner :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks!! HAhaha!!!!! :>)
ReplyDelete