Thursday, January 20, 2011

Outhouse

You heard me right! HAHA and it has nothing to do with my husband. Wait...? That's "the dog house" isn't it... okay anyhow...HA! I got the coolest idea for a log cabin bathroom!! We really, really, want to do this log cabin thing, but I'm trying super hard not to get my hopes up tooooo high. Well, I guess really...it's too late for that. Hopes are definitely up! I can't help it! Alrighty...sorry...back to the bathroom. Wouldn't a old fashiond outhouse themed bathroom be the coolest?!!! I think so!! I wish I could locate some outhouse's here in Alaska for Jenna to photograph. Then I could frame and put them up. Really, though any picture would work. It would just have more meaning if Jenna did it from here in Alaska. Okay, anyhow, the coolest idea came from LEVI!! He said he could build a wood door with the moon and star on it. VERY COOL!


I thought it was so cool I HAD to share! :D

Sooo, I want to say a quick something about "comments". It's OKAY if you don't. I LOVE blogging with or with out them. It never fails though, that when I need help or encouragment, you all are always there! ;) I always blog as if I'm talking to a bunch of women friends, but I'm careful incase a radom male sneaks a listen. HAHA. Anyway, I love blogging, and I loooovvvvve reading others blogs!!!!!!!!! So if I don't comment...I'm reading. Don't stop blogging! And hey, if your reading but don't have a blog... you should try it!!! Namely, Mrs. Jenn Stephens...... ;D Really! I can even help you put one together for you when I'm down there....It's A GREAT IDEA HUH!? hahaha Okay, I'll quit now.

6 comments:

  1. Even though I live in a colonial now, instead of a log cabin, I plan to do my main floor 3/4 bath (the one all guests use) with an outhouse theme. I love old-fashioned things, always have. Of course, I wouldn't love having to use a REAL outhouse! HA! I'm not THAT old fashioned! I've seen a lot of cute wallpaper borders, shower curtains and bath accessories in the past but I'm not sure what all is readily available right now. This bath is tiny and I've even considered hand-painting a couple of 6' tall outhouses on the walls. If I can't find a shower curtain I like, I could applique one. I just love the whole creativity process.
    We loved living in our log home in Colorado for 9 years. If I may, I have two comments for you to consider. First, concerning the logs--we chose "D" logs (round on the outside and flat on the inside" because it's SO much easier to hang things and you don't have to dust the tops of the logs. My mother-in-law's cabin was round logs. She hated them. Secondly, Levi is a minister of the gospel and you need to be careful to not let a home (log or otherwise) prevent you from being available to pick up and move when the Lord calls. I'm definitely not against owning your own home--we did it long before the Church disruption in '93, back when there were church parsonages abounding. But you have to make sure you're in a position that you can sell and recover your investment and be willing and able to go when and where the Lord would send. Too many ministers have crippled their ministry, and disappointed God, by not being willing or available to move when needed. This world is not our home . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the outhouse theme. that would be so fun.
    I just got caught up on your blog. Have not been on the computer much. I will be praying for little Noah and his neck problems. God is bigger then all that and if God chooses not to heal him then he has a bigger plan you don't know about. I will trust and pray for a Divine and total helaing though.May God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA I would love that. I tried to start one but it was while we were planing the wedding & I didn't have time to work on it. That would be great if you could help me start a blog that would be fun. I hope that while you & Levi are here you get a free day to come & see our house, but if you don't I understand I know you have a tight schedule. Anywho, I love the outhouse theme. I almost did the same thing in our bathroom but it just didn't work because of the color on the walls:( sooooooo I had to go with a real tree theme because that was the only thing I would get to work to save money. I am just happy I got the rest of the house except the basement to decorate the way I want to :)Okie Smokie I have got house chores to do what fun....maybe I can get Justin to help me........lol Oh.....we are suppose to find out what we are having on Monday. I hope we will be able to find out but the baby is so active & stubborn I don't know if we will. So, much like daddy already........oh nooooooo noooooo nooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis. Smith, I was looking online and I had no idea that there would be so many things to chose from with the outhouse theme.I like the idea of hand-painting the outhouses though,it would be unique, and one of a kind. Which would make extra neat. :) Also, I'm thinking... Levi said something about having "D" logs. I can't remember who, but someone he knew had the same issue as your mother in law. The dust issue would drive me nutso forsure!!!!!!!
    You know... I've though about that...that it would be "harder" to pick up and go for me with having a log home. Only because it's something I've dreamed of. I've teased Levi, saying "watch, we'll get the house just how we want it... and love it...then we'll have to leave". Also, log homes are very taste specific. SO, I'm concerned when it comes time to sell it. Which I know we will at some point. It's a given... growing up in a ministers home, I'm used to moving every 5-7 years.I've just prayed that God will close the wrong doors and open the right ones. And that the Lord will give Levi wisdom!!! Thank you for saying what you did though. I admitt, I do feel hesitant even in the midst of excitment.

    Sis. Tammy, Thank you for your prayers!!!! THEY ARE WORKING!!! You should see Noah neck now!! Almost straight after ONLY a week!!!

    Jenn, I am SO excied for you!! I thought for sure you were having a boy!! I was already figuring out what cloths to send you. Let me tell ya though, with having neice....and Noah.....girls cloths are SOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more fun!!!!!! Plus, there is so much more girl stuff then boy stuff. You going to have a blast!!!!!
    I would love to come to your house!! I know that 1st Sunday we are there, which I think is the 6th.... we were going to go with you to your church. Maybe we can spend the afternoon at your place.....??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my log cabin testimony.
    When we were first married we used to talk about our dream of someday living in a log cabin in the mountains. But we'd started pastoring when we'd been married just 6 months so those first few years of dreaming about our log cabin were always concluded with, "But we're in the ministry and we want to always be obedient to God so it'll never happen." Still, we would talk about how great it would be to live in a log cabin in the mountains. After 6 years of marriage we moved to Colorado and a few years after that my in-laws retired and moved to the mountains of Colorado and had a GREAT log cabin. We quit dreaming about our own. After 20+ years of marriage we ended up moving to the mountains, 100 miles from the nearest mall and 20 minutes to the nearest grocery store. You guessed it--we bought a little 800 square foot log cabin and then added on an additional 800 square feet. It was adorable, with a green metal roof that made it look very much like the Lincoln Log cabins I'd constructed when I was a kid. We'd lived there several months when one day the Lord sort of whispered to me, "Do you know where you are?" All of a sudden it dawned on me that the dream I'd surrendered to the Lord so many years before had become reality! I'd totally forgotten about it! God is SO GOOD! We had 9 wonderful years in that log cabin in an ideal little village in the mountains of central Colorado. It was a blessing to be there, but I had no trouble giving it up when God called us elsewhere. This world is not our home, we're only passing by! Life here is temporary. I don't want to put down roots ANYWHERE on this earth. I want to hold onto everything loosely. If there's anything I would hold onto TIGHTLY, that thing is holding me. --Just keep it all in perspective. Owning a home is not wrong. Owning a log home is not wrong. Just don't let it own YOU. Always be willing to give up ANYTHING for the Lord. There's real peace in that kind of attitude.
    Okay, that's my sermon for tonight. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry Sis. Smith, I just saw this. Thank you for sharing your testimony. I'm happy to hear you didn't have any problems giving up your cabin. I did wonder about it way back when you guys moved from Colorado, to I think Virgnia (not sure). Matt Peter told me you all had a... and in his words "pretty cool cabin". I remember it only because, I've wanted a cabin for what seems like forever. And I thought it was neat that a minister in the church had one.

    I pray that my home is a home where people enjoy being, feel welcome at all times, taken care of, and wanna come back! Beyoned that, tis true, this world is only temporary. And so is the 4 walls of my home. It makes think of that song "This world is not my home". HAHA *sings* "I'm just a passing through, My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue angels beckon me from heaven's open door And I can't feel at home in this world anymore!!!!".

    ReplyDelete