Monday, January 17, 2011

Thank You!

Thank you Ladies for your prayers! Levi seems to think I'm making a bigger deal out of this then it is. Maybe it's because I'm the mother, I'm the one that carried him, bore him, and care for him all day.....he's my world. Or maaaaaaaybe, and I don't want to admit it, but more then likely it's like Sis. Becki said... it's the devil putting fear in my heart. Once again! That devil is seriously getting on my nerves.

We had our first therapy session today, and we'll have it now every Tuesday from here on out for a little while. It's just theses neck stretches that help stretch the muscles on both sides. I need to do it too at home... 16 reps, 6 times a day. It's not that hard, but Noah is getting strong and he doesn't like to be held down. The holding him down is the only hard part! Anyhow, she said by the age of 1 the issue should be gone.

Levi's right. It's not that big of an issue. It sounds worse then what it is. The more I think about it.... I think the melancholy you heard in the post before (at least Levi hear it), was the fact that I want SOOOOO MUCH to have the faith that it takes for DIVINE healing. It's one thing to trust God for yourself, it's a whole other challenge to trust for your child! HA!! AND this is one challenge I don't want God to have to test me in more then once!!!!!!! At least not in the severe since....

Okay....in other news.....IT'S STICKEN' COLD HERE!! I heard it got as cold has -27. Can we say BRRR! Last night coming home from church, all I could do was take a HOT bath to get warmed. It was cold all the way to my bones!

okay gotta run. I just wanted to say thank you for "listening" to my post. ;) AND for the prayers!

4 comments:

  1. You said it just right--it is soooooo much harder to trust God for your children than it is to trust Him for yourself! It must be the mother's nature that He gives us--always wanting to fix the problems and make it all better. When it's not in our power to do so it sort of freaks us out! I wonder if it's a lesson ever totally "learned" (in the past sense) or if we keep taking another step in faith and closer to the Lord each time we're tried. In any case, "Tis so sweet to trust in JESUS."

    I don't comment as often as I should, but I want you to know that I always enjoy reading your posts, Jessa. And I'm jealous of your log cabin plans. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well men always make a "bigger deal" of their feelings when they have the FLU! Ha! (They're dying ya know.) So don't worry about your "mommy feelings"...they're there for a reason. Tammy Washburn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not blame you Jessa for reacting like you did. I would totally do the same exact thing you did. I freak out when my doc sends me for extra blood work or another ultra sound of the baby & Justin telling me the same thing Levi told you. We are making a bigger deal of it then it actually is. We can't help it we are mothers & are 1st instinct is to protect are precious little ones. We will keep you all in our prayers love ya bunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis. Becki, oh my goodness! You hit on the nail!! I've gone into fix it mode! Even though I know who the ultimate fixer is but, I'm still putting it on myself to trust God for his healing. Like it's a burden. When REALLY (I!!) need to just let it go!! There is NOTHING of myself that is ever going to heal Noah, or anyone else for that matter. Let it go! I'm not sure if I make any since. But it's clear in my head. HAHA!! Yes, "Tis SOOOO sweet to trust in Jesus!".

    Sis. Tammy, I know what you mean!! Levi doesn't get sick that often, but when he does. The whole world MUST stop!!! ;) LOL cracks me up every time. BUT it's weird...when it comes to Noah, Noah's always fiiiiiine....HA!! God knew what he was doing though...there needs to be a balance!!! That's where I must come in. ;)


    Jenn, Ooooh sooooo true! Like Sis. Becki said. It feaks us out when things are out of our control! Levi, trys to help, but he just doesn't cut it. ;) I remember praying constantly for Noah while pregnant. There were soooo many unknowns, but finally God gave me peace. While praying one time, I could see God's hand holding my tiny, tiny, baby.The image was sooooo clear in my head! He has everything in HIS control!! And a peace settled on me like I can't even explain, and that peace carried me right through my rough labor. God is sooooooo very, very good!!! He NEVER EVER leaves us, or forsakes us in our time of need!!! HAHA!!!!!!! I needed this reminder!!! ;)

    We love you all bunchs too!! AND we'll see you in a couple weeks!!! YAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete