I have been trying to get us on some kind of schedule. Noah's a bit off. It was really bad at first....slept all day....and had his awake times at night. It's getting a little better, but still off. I'm just has bad though. He takes a while to eat.... sometimes up to an hour! I feel like I'm always catching up on sleep.....soooooo I don't get out of bed with him until a 11am most days. Sometimes I go back to sleep with him and don't get up again until 2pm for his next feeding. Any tips would be appreciated to try and be normal. HA!!! Or is this just the way it's going to be for a while?
Okay. I'm off to bed!! Noah should be up in about an hour!!!



Ahhh. He looks so content and cute.
ReplyDeleteI was the same way for the first few months. I had to get as much sleep as I could. I do not do well with little sleep. Plus the sleep you are getting isn't restful sleep. Because you get a few hours here and there. Time goes out the window with little ones. You become on there time.
ReplyDeleteI remember thinking, "All I do is FEED this child!" I know it's beyond your comprehension right now, but that time passes so swiftly and before you know it you'll look back and realize how precious those moments were. Right now it seems like you're not able to accomplish ANYTHING. Just grab whatever sleep you can, whenever you can. Once Noah settles into sleeping through the night (or mostly) you will start to feel better. Cherish every moment of nursing your baby. That special bonding time will soon be over and you'll probably wish you'd enjoyed it more while you could. At least that's how it was for me.
ReplyDeleteRemember, God will give you grace for EVERY need.
I was worried about the same things, but others would tell me not to worry. Finally I decide to just chill and enjoy my time with him. I have not regretted it a bit. You need your rest as well as he does. It'll be time for you to go back to work before you know it. Maternity leave is not just about Noah, its about Jessa too! You both are doing a good job!
ReplyDeleteGood advice Jessa.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the feedings lasting an hour. If it takes an hour because he is falling asleep. Try really hard to keep him awake. It will pay off in the end. If he starts dozing off ...wake him up if he is awake the whole time then he must just be a hungry boy and you feed him HA!!!
Thank you all for what you said. I'm glad to hear I'm not as lazy as I thought!! I'll try not to worry about the things I'm not getting done and cherish this time with Noah. It won't last forever. Which is actuelly kinda sad to think about.
ReplyDeleteTammy, =) ya I have to do all sorts of things to keep him awake!! He hates his diber being changed so that wakes him up real quick!!