

That sums up the last few days. I was trying to think about what to say and what to title this, and really.... if I could say anything.... the title would be it.
Labor and delivery were a bit rough. 30 plus hours total from the time my water broke.... honestly, 12 of it was nothing. Just baby contractions compared to the following 18 hours . 7 and half hours of it pushing. They induced with a really low petocin drip after the 12 hours, but they anticipated that it could still be a couple days. Well, the little kick of pitocin gave the contractions a huge kick in the pants. Then, when it came to pushing for some reason he we would not budge from this one spot in my pelvis. They had me doing all sorts of gymnastics to get him to move. It seemed he was constantly moving too, but not the way he needed too. So I decided to go a head and have them use forceps verses a c-section. I had come too far......I pushed three times and with that last contraction he just slid right out. It was slightly more dramatic and traumatic then I anticipated, but there were many times that it was actually a comfort to me to know I was fulfilling scripture. Bearing a child in pain. Just like Eve... and just like every other women. And you know.....I would do it all again for Noah. I knew my love for Noah was going to be great.... and HUGE it is, but the love I have my Lord is so much greater now then that, and more then ever before. I don't deserve His goodness to me!
Noah Allan Stephens was born July 2, 2010 at 9:25 a.m. weighing 6 Ibs 4oz and 17.5 inches long. Although 2 days later he was measured at 19 1/2 sooooo who knows........for being 4 weeks early he's doing extremely well. We had a lactation consult along with a weigh in and they noticed he was a little jaundice. So we went to the Children's Hospital for the next 36 hours where he spent sun tanning himself. He had another appointment today to weigh in and he is now 6 Ibs 8oz. So he's coming right along.
Labor and delivery were a bit rough. 30 plus hours total from the time my water broke.... honestly, 12 of it was nothing. Just baby contractions compared to the following 18 hours . 7 and half hours of it pushing. They induced with a really low petocin drip after the 12 hours, but they anticipated that it could still be a couple days. Well, the little kick of pitocin gave the contractions a huge kick in the pants. Then, when it came to pushing for some reason he we would not budge from this one spot in my pelvis. They had me doing all sorts of gymnastics to get him to move. It seemed he was constantly moving too, but not the way he needed too. So I decided to go a head and have them use forceps verses a c-section. I had come too far......I pushed three times and with that last contraction he just slid right out. It was slightly more dramatic and traumatic then I anticipated, but there were many times that it was actually a comfort to me to know I was fulfilling scripture. Bearing a child in pain. Just like Eve... and just like every other women. And you know.....I would do it all again for Noah. I knew my love for Noah was going to be great.... and HUGE it is, but the love I have my Lord is so much greater now then that, and more then ever before. I don't deserve His goodness to me!
Noah Allan Stephens was born July 2, 2010 at 9:25 a.m. weighing 6 Ibs 4oz and 17.5 inches long. Although 2 days later he was measured at 19 1/2 sooooo who knows........for being 4 weeks early he's doing extremely well. We had a lactation consult along with a weigh in and they noticed he was a little jaundice. So we went to the Children's Hospital for the next 36 hours where he spent sun tanning himself. He had another appointment today to weigh in and he is now 6 Ibs 8oz. So he's coming right along.
So far he is an easy going baby. We wake up every 2-3 hours... depending.... on when he starts to stir and starts going to town on sucking on his hands. Levi, originally had planned to only take 1 week off when the baby came, but he was able to get a 2nd week when we realized how sore I was going to be. Mom has stayed the night's here to help out with Noah and I. She's been such a huge help!!! We soooo don't know what we are doing.....but some of it has started to come naturally now. I can tell that Levi and I are going to fight over holding Noah when I'm back to 100 %. =) Levi is super good with him!!
Alrighty, it's been kinda a long day with his Dr. appoitment so we are going to take a nap. =D Oh...Hopefully we can get a picture of him with his eyes open. =) They are a dark brown green color that can also look dark, dark, blue. Wierd huh? But I love it!



Congratulations! Noah is beautiful and is spoiling his parents right off the bat by being easy going. ;-) Enjoy all the cuddles and coos...they pass all too quickly.
ReplyDeleteHow fun. The love for YOUR baby is amazing isn't it.I am so happy you did not have to get a c- section, Praise the Lord.
ReplyDeleteJessa You are such a positive person. Child bearing is fulfilling scripture. Sorry yours was 30 hrs. But your positive spirit is a gift from God. I am so happy for you and Levi.
Welcome to the World Noah. He is a cutie pie. Call when you have time. yea right with anewborn :o) I will pray for a fast recovery for you. Yor mom is very nice to stay with you. Thank the Lord she is so close.I bet she is loving it. LOve you all.
Congrats to you and your family. A baby is a true blessing from God. Enjoy every minute with him. Because it really really does go by all to fast. Mommy hood is the best.
ReplyDelete