Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Bug That Won't Leave

I have a super annoying cold. It's just a head cold. Levi taped me last night snoring. That stinker! I thought it was just allergies, but nope.... it's a cold. I maybe shouldn't have gone to the garage sales. I wasn't healthy and pushed my self way too much that day. I've been more sick sense.

I had a prenatal appointment today. Plus, I had to do the three hour glucose testing for gestational diabetes. I didn't pass the first one hour test at 28 weeks. Which was a bummer. Joleesa had to do the same thing, but she turned out to be ok. I had to fast for 8 hours. Then not eat during the three hours of drawing blood. Once every hour. Let me just say that sick...and starving.....are way beyond no fun! The worst part was when I finally did get food. It was like I ate to fast maybe... I seriously thought I just might pass out. Poor dad looked really worried. Levi was there for the appointment and then dad came to hang out with me for remaining hours of testing because Levi had to get to work. Time actually went kinda fast.

I'm actually not too worried about the gestational diabetes. Kinda strange for me, but it's something I have no control over. God know and has taken care of me so fare.

It's been beautiful the last few days! I'm hoping I'll feel better soon so I can enjoy it!! Until then lot's of water and sleep for me.

2 comments:

  1. hehe.. when i saw your title I though that you were talking about being pregnant! Bek calls being pregnant "the 9-month flu".. in fact, that's what we said I had when we told her that we were pregnant. It was too funny.

    Still praying for strength for you, Jessa. It's never easy being sick, but being sick AND pregnant is tough. Just know that you're almost through--- love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lololol that's too funny!! "The 9 month flu" =) lol

    Thank you for praying!! I have felt so much better the last couple days!!

    Love you too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete