I know not a lot of people stop by the blogs anymore. I find that I tend to be one of them at times........ I was wondering though ,what moms found to be the most useful thing/item when they brought their newborns home??
It helps having Savannah around a lot!! I of course would have preferred to be a mom first.... as the oldest ,so I could help and give tips to Joleesa. Instead I find that she is doing that for me. I take it all in and watch. =) She is doing SOO great. She has a natural knack. I wonder though, if God just somehow plants the mothers instinct in you once you have a child.
Anyhow, I love the diapers Savannah has! They have this stripe down the front that turn colors when the diaper is wet or dirty. Who knew?! So cool!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I still love blogs. But I know I'm one of the very few. :)
ReplyDeleteI know I'm in the same boat as you, but I strongly believe God puts a natural knack in all women to just KNOW how to be a mother. He must have, since no mother was around for Eve and she did just fine. :P
So far, the best thing has been the portable changing pad
ReplyDeletehttp://www.target.com/gsearch/ref=sr_ln_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchRank=target104545&field_subjectbin=1038590&keywords=changing%20pad&searchPage=1&searchSize=30
It's been awesome! We can change him on the changing table, on the bed, on the floor, anywhere. It wipes off if he "squirts", yet is soft so he is comfy. And Caleb even takes naps in it, since he can't roll out or fall off.
Definitely a must buy!
The VERY MOST useful thing to have when you first come home is a Grandma to help! In my case, it was MY grandma, not the baby's. She stayed with me for the first week or two and answered all sorts of questions, cooked meals, cleaned the house and took care of everything in general. The next most useful item (after a couple of months) was the swing. It was WONDERFUL. That was before they made the battery operated ones. It was an old fashioned crank one that made horrendous noise when you were cranking it that made the baby's arms and legs shoot straight out and they eyes bulge. LOL! Then as it wound down there was a persistent "click, click, click" that helped lull them to sleep as the swing rocked back and forth. It was a huge lifesaver.
ReplyDeleteAnd since I don't have facebook, blogs are my only communication. E-mails are pretty much a thing of the past and blogs are mostly abandoned these days, too. From what I hear, facebook has lost a lot of its luster. I wonder what will be next?
I still read the blogs, although it is pretty much every few days rather than every day. I also still read e-mails, however, people just don't seem to feel the need to e-mail much. I guess FB is really the only way, at the moment, to keep up with everyone...now on to your question...you will quickly learn what your baby likes and doesn't like...he won't be the same as Savannah. My life-saver was the over-sized burp rags...saved so many outfits...couldn't live without them. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI really liked the play pen. ;-P hahahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteI second the burp cloths and jumbo bibs!
ReplyDeleteWell one of the things will come free and there's no doubt you'll get it and that's Grandma and I'm really looking forward to it. The other thing I agree with is the burping cloths. They save everyone's clothes.
ReplyDeleteThe swing was my best pal because you girls all liked it.
I have a co sleeper instead of a bassinet and i love it. It is a mini crib that you can kinda connect to your bed so they are in a crib yet real close to you at night and it converts into a play pen later. they are kinda expensive, but ithas been worth the money.
ReplyDeleteMy most favorite thing that I loved, loved the first few months.even now really is the boppy pillow.perfect when your nursing and it works great to help him sit up.