I think I'm coming down with something......my body aches and I'm super tired. Last night I woke up just sweating. I'm not sure, but maybe I was running a fever. I have two more days to go then on Monday I'm SO sleeping in!
I SO don't feel like cooking tonight, but I don't feel like going out either. I don't have any thing to pop in the oven except egg rolls and that doesn't sound good at all! What a dilemma I'm in ..... I'm humgery!=/ =)
Okay, I'm done complaing.....Have a GREAT weekend!!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



A couple of my "emergency" meals are Frito Pie and scrambled egg sandwiches. Those are both meals my husband really likes, so it works for us.
ReplyDeleteIn case you don't know what Frito Pie is: You heat up a can of chili with beans (Hormel, or whatever brand you like) and spoon the hot chili over a bed of Fritos in the bowl, then top with cheese. We don't do onions, but some people would enjoy that. It's quick, easy, and yummy. It's hot, so it seems like you cooked something. ;-) I always try to have canned chili and fritos on hand, and I ALWAYS have cheese in the fridge.
Hope you're feeling better. Are you anemic? Fatigue is one of the tell-tale signs. According to what I've read, eating a diet rich in cereals, rice, pastas, dairy products (milk, yogurt and cheese), vegetables and fruits, meat, poultry and fish, and finally dry beans, eggs, and nuts, has been proven to help boost the immune system. Classic foods to boost your iron level are liver (YUCK!), green leafy vegetables, beets, dried fruits, bran flakes, oysters (another YUCK!), brown rice, lentils and molasses, raisins, prunes; breads and pastas made from whole grain flour.
Maybe something in that list will help. Meanwhile, I'll be praying.
Maybe you're pregnant! Isn't that the obvious response? Ha! Anyway, hope you get to feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Levi!!
mmm the frito pie sounds good! I'll have to to try it. I know Levi would love it. We wound up getting pizzia. =) I need to make sure I have some fast things on hand!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure....I have had the pregnancy thought. I dought it though. I don't like to hope too much.... =) It leaves me disappointed at the end of the month. The symptems are very much like a poor thyriod too. Which I hate to think that issue isn't a closed book. It means that it's getting worse, not better.....I take a good multi vit. that has iron, but I'm not so sure we are eating enough dark leafy things. We eat veggies, but mostly carrots and cucumbers.....we do eat lots of brown pasta and rice. It could be nothing, it could be something, eather way I'm just going to try and trust God.