Friday, May 22, 2009

okay...

So, I do have the hypothyroid. However, I DON'T have the "border line diabetes" like the doctor said. My blood surger is completely normal. My TSH though, ( whatever that is.. )something to do with my thyroid and my hormones...anyway, mine is 6.32 and normal is 5.00. I knew it. Have you ever just had that feeling.....where you just knew? I could live with the symptoms. Really. It's the baby part that I'm struggling with. He's wanting to do something with this though,on a personal level. There are scriptures that play over and over in my head.

II Tim. 1:7
For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


I John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.


Luke 22:31-32
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you found out that you are hypothyroid. If I had it to do over again, I would do everything the natural way, but I didn't and have been on Synthroid for 18 years. Once you've been on that a while, it replaces your body's ability to produce thyroxin and if you stop taking it, it causes the muscles of your body to begin to separate which ends in death. I don't tell you that to scare you, I am telling you that so that you can pray and seek God's will for what He wants to accomplish in your life. You will have the advantage of knowing what to expect, whereas, I didn't and I didn't have anyone offering me Godly wisdom when I was facing the decision. All I got was condemnation for having gone to the doctor to begin with. I understand the fear of not having a baby or of miscarrying...unfortunately, had the experience, but if you feel that God is wanting to do a work in you...go the natural route and allow Him to work...you will have my support (not that you need it or even want it, but it is there), but if you choose to take the synthroid, I'll be there for ya too. It is a decision that only you and Levi can make. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6). His ways truly are perfect and you can trust Him to lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that synthroid could do that. I did though have an "off" feeling about it. I even pulled into the parking lot of the pharmecey and sat there...finally pulling out, went home and looked at the reviews. The majority of them ware not good. I did find a natural supplemnet called Thyromine. It has a very good and safe track recorded. I even ordered it. I'm feeling though, that I would be wrong in taking that even.

    That's for me though.....I'm not saying at all, that going to the docter or using a perscription is wrong. I just feel I would chip Him of doing a work in MY life. If I took Thyromine and felt better. I would give all the praise to Thyromine. I know God wants praise and thanks in ALL things (1Thess. 5:18).

    There is other things also that He could do...I could go on and on. One major one, is learning not to fear. For sometime I have feared that I wouldn't be able to have children.That, that, would be God's punishment to me... for my sins. That may or may not be the case,He hasn't told me.He doesn't need too. Regardless, I need to trust Him and still love Him. Like you said, His ways are perfect. "Trust", is an easy thing to say to do....harder to put into action.

    ******Thank you for letting me ramble to you! I needed that!! Love you!!!*********

    ReplyDelete
  3. HE WILL take care of you. HIS will, WILL be accomplished BECAUSE you are a child of His!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you both as you make your decision. God will give you the wisdom you both need. He's never forsaken you and he won't know. Just trust him. There's a song that I want to share with you:

    I choose

    Master, may I be so honest
    Could I admit the way I feel?
    I’m hurting, it seems that you’ve forsaken
    I wonder, is Your love for me still real?
    Though my friends think that I am happy
    Unaffected by this trail
    They can’t see the pain I’m hiding
    Just under my smile
    Master, I can’t live this way anymore
    So today I make my choice


    Chorus
    I choose to believe that You are faithful
    And my heart is in Your hands
    And this mystery that I face today
    Is part of a greater plan
    I choose not to be discouraged
    When the sun will not break through
    I have the choice of trusting you
    So Lord this is what I choose


    I know this road will not be easy
    I know I’ll have my weaker days
    And Satan will tell me I don’t mean it
    When I say, “I’ll trust God all the way”
    But that doesn’t really matter
    I refuse to hear him out
    With my faith I’ll find the power
    That will overcome all doubt
    Lord, I’ve never felt so strong
    As when I’m resting in your arms

    I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessa, I stopped at your site to see how wedding plans were coming. So sorry you are going through this other stuff. The enemy loves to steal our joy so don't let him. I am facing the same thyroid issues and am trying lots of natural stuff like Vit D (usually sun) and iodine and coconut oil. I think it's helping. I'm off of all meds now (after many years of being on them...not for thyroid) and the Lord totally healed my asthma in January. Now I'm waiting on Him to show me how to overcome these other problems and trying to eat right and all of that to help myself. We've all fallen prey to the processed and fast foods of our society. It's taking a toll everywhere and so maybe the Lord allowed this in us to make us aware of unhealthy stuff in our lives. I'm praying for you and sending great thoughts for the wedding! Sister Julie Riddell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thank kasey!!


    Amy, WOW! What a good song!!! I want to hear it now!! I about cried.

    Julie Riddell! It's ironic what you said about joy..... thats what dad preachd on this Sunday.

    I've read about coconut oil and iodine. I've been taking vit. D like crazy and when ever I get the chance I get in the sun. =) =) I have also heard that kelp and silver sheild help the thyriod. I think your right, I think we put our bodies through the ringer sometimes with what we eat. Then we wonder why things go bad.

    I had a friend that made a good point "God made the body so amazingly and it can heal itself with the right foods".

    love you, thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessa....yes, you just hold onto every bit of joy at this precious time of yours and Bro. Levi's lives! Also, do take note that you have to be REALLY careful of overdosing on Vit. D, especially if you are in the sun at all. When you have time, look at Mercola.com and type in search regarding Vit D and also what he says about thyroid. He's really up on it. He's adamant that you have D levels checked if you are taking it orally. He advises against oral D in the summer when you are in sun. He had a new video on a couple of days ago regarding the right time of day for the UVB's (good guys) vs. UVA's (bad guys). I had been going out in the morning which is probably about worthless! Alaska may be a whole other story though! LOL...Alaska is always a whole other story, huh? God Bless! Sis. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that Julie!! The docter was telling me to take 2000 mlg a day for a month. Thats the max you can take.....thats a lot of Vit. D!! I take 5 a day.......I'm going to cut back!!!

    ReplyDelete