Sunday, April 5, 2009

Next Million Miles

Okay this is Levi posting under Jessa's log in. I went to Pennsylvania not long ago to minister, and passed signs like this one a few times. It got my attention because I have never seen one like it before. I kept thinking... my trip today is definitely not going to be a MILLION miles!!!! Someone had told me once, that they had counted up all the miles they had traveled in the ministry. From their ministry records. AND they had about a million miles at that time.....

So I thought on that while I was driving as sort of a little devotion to myself. I have always buckled up when I'm in the front seat because, it was the way I was raised. Well, the spiritual aspect of this would be, if we don't take advantage of the "safety" of the Lord we are asking for trouble. You may not have had a time on this "trip" where you wished you had spiritually buckled up, but in your lifetime there are still at least a million miles before you! At some point, you will have wished you had placed great trust in the safety that is in HIM! Sometimes people will wear their seat belt, but not the way it would take to save their life in the event of an accident. Don't take the shortcuts that are out there! Make sure your buckled into the safety of Christ over THE NEXT MILLION MILES!!!

This is Jessa now....


Alright, I promised Levi if he posted something I would post that we finally are registered somewhere too. All I post about now days is wedding or about the volcano. SOOOOO, this is just a side note. =) I don't know why I dragged my feet so long on the registry....Levi was on me forever, mostly because people down there where asking about it. We were actually able to do it together online, so that was fun! I think I may just keep the list so we can slowly get stuff for ourselves. Anyhow, we just thought the easiest place would be Walmart. I know some people have multiple places, but at this point I think it's just going to be Walmart. ;)

1 comment:

  1. There really is no short cuts with Jesus, is there. I got to thinking how easy it is to rack up miles on your car in the lower 48 but in Alaska, you rack up air miles not very many miles on your car. It's really a different sort of life.

    ReplyDelete