Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Oooora" and Dad

"Oooora" is for "Dora"... for the record. I. am. SICK. of. Dora. :) He's only allowed to watch an hour of TV a day. Sometimes give or take depending on the day. He does like Diego, but not as much a Oooora. I have actually learned a few words in Spanish from it myself...lol. Still....all he want's to do all day is watch "Ooooooooora". uuuuuuuuugh

Oh well, that's his diversion right now, and Selah is sleeping. My dishes are done, laundry is going...and the refrigerator fixer guy is going to show up any moment, so my living is room is semi picked up of toys. I'm sure it wont last long. ha!

Well, the exciting thing that happened recently was... my dad was here!!!! It was SOOO nice!! Made me miss everyone way more though. He came when we were just getting over a really hard season in our life, and he felt like a breath of fresh air. He came in, and was Daddy. It was wonderful!! I also told him it was great being with "my own kind". :-D  Everyone around here is SOOO great!!! It's just different then the way I grew up. I'm more used to it now, but when "my own kind"(meaning my family) comes there is something very comforting about it. :) We made coffee every morning, and actually I think we went to the coffee shop every day too. So, needless to say...I am now addicted to coffee once again. :) YAY! :) I sooooo looove coffee...... haha

I can never get Selah to smile for the camera! lol


This one is SO my favorite!
 Fall here is SUPER beautiful this year! I'm glad dad got to see Ohio at it's best. My mom was here at it's worst during the summer!! HOT,HOT, HOT. I felt soooo sorry for her, and me for that matter. ;-) Our house is beautiful in the fall though. Because we live in the woods, and have large windows, the beautiful tree colors were brought inside. Soooo pretty!!! Plus, the weather was nice and comfortably cool. Still is! My kind of weather!!! :)

So that's it around here!

Have a great week!





3 comments:

  1. So glad your dad got to visit.
    I, too, am LOVING this beautiful fall weather. The leaves are really beginning to get bright here. I'm sure we're a week or two behind you guys. I had to stop yesterday on my way home from the office and take a picture of a street lined with fall-colored leaves. It's so pretty and calming. It seems to make me feel like life is slowing down a little--even though it SO is NOT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, all our leaves are pretty much off now. So sad. But it was a really pretty while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you and dad had that time together. Next year, I'm coming in the fall. When is that special festival that you talked about?

    Love and miss you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete