Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yup, I'm blogging. :)

I've tried blogging a ton of times, but never finished them. :) Hopefully this one will end with hitting the "publish post". ;-)

The house is getting sooooooo close. Although, others may look at the inside and still see a ton to be done. In reality, it's really not that bad. He has had a couple cousins of his, uncles, a friend at work, our pastor, offer their help. Which he is SUPER grateful for. Between them he said the work will go fast. All he really has to do is...

-Enclose the rooms (just 1 would make me happy:)
-put up cabinets
-put in appliances
-put in at least 1 toilet ;-) The tub and shower are already installed.
-install light fixture's
-tile bathroom and laundry room

Later he'll...
-finish basement
-finish our bathroom
-put log staircase in (right now there is just a temp staircase)
-The flooring is taking forever! Which means I have to wait for the island counter top

Here's some pics of things that the contractor finally got done. Getting the fireplace done was neat to see done. Also, the loft getting done was awesome to see. For the fireplace...We didn't get river rock like we wanted. It was a bit pricey compared to the rock we choose...which is called country rubble. It's funny, and sad how ideas and plans change a lot along the way. ;o)

This is our bedroom....upstairs in the loft.


Our bathroom upstairs off our bedroom...

Our closet...


What the outside looks like with the fireplace done and metal roof on.

The view of the fireplace from the loft.

The pic of me was taken @ 26 weeks....I admit I feel a little on edge with the baby coming in June and us STILL not in the house. The hardest part now is I just want to get Selah's stuff all organized and ready. I "feel" HUGE, uncomfortable, and with Noah coming early I have strong urge, and need to hurry and get things ready.Just in case... I can't though....my sister gave me a TON of Savannah cloth's. Which I thank God soooooooo much for! And my sister in law I know will chip in with whatever else I need...Selah doesn't though... have a crib, or even a dresser for that matter....We keep saying let's just wait until we are in the house.....ha! I'm REALLY praying this child comes when she is due too!!! :D

I know..... :)The pics got allll messed up.....

6 comments:

  1. AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! I wrote this long, insightful comment and then accidentally deleted it. I hate it when that happens.
    Let me try this again.
    I encourage you to let go of your hopes of being in the house before the baby comes. If you can make yourself plan to NOT be in the house and make preparations accordingly, then IF you ARE in the house before the baby arrives you'll be ECSTATIC!!! My philosophy is to prepare myself for the worst case scenario, then if anything less happens I'm SOOOO HAPPY! And even if the worst thing happens, I'm already mentally prepared and able to cope with it. Meanwhile, if you've given up expectations of being in the house pre-baby, you'll relax and breathe a lot easier in the meantime. You WILL eventally get all moved in, even though it seems at times like it will never happen. The wait will be worth it. Your house is going to be beautiful! --God's timing is always perfect and He has lots of lessons for us to learn along the way. Hang in there, girl.
    Well, this post didn't turn out anything like the first one I wrote. Oh well. --I wish you the very best.
    Concerning that stuff about being calm and letting loose of your expectations, the Bible puts it like this: "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life" (Prov. 13:12). When you're desperately hoping, you're setting yourself up for heartache. Just give your petition to the Lord, tell His what you'd like to happen, but then leave it in His hands to worry about it for you.
    God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEP YEP!!! I am here for ya :) Just tell me what ya need :) I am so happy to see progress with the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom's right--prepare for the worst. If it happens it's not a shock; you're ready for it. If it doesn't happen, you're sooooo happy! :-)

    I love river rock, too, but your "country rubble" is GREAT. I love it. Everything is looking sooooo good. You, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting closer. YEA!!!! Hang in there. I know your a little stressed, but try not to be. Just enjoy the rest of the pregnancy and know you will be moved in SOON!!! Love ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so pretty =)
    I totally understand!! All the feelings that come with having a baby and living with people (even family!) that aren't strictly babies parents. The potential for stress is scary. Theirs going to be to many opinions about what's okay and what's not. And the day that comes that your still healing, just want to stay in jammies and now people are visiting them, and wanting to wake up your baby. And the list goes on! hehehe. Not to mention you just want to sleep and Not clean a thing for oh 6 months... Then the guilt comes because your baby keeps EVERYONE awake, and then your torn between wanting to be a gracious house member and feeling like the hugest burden.
    Then sometimes you just want privacy.
    Have I come close yet?

    I'm sure they love you and will understand!!

    IT WILL be okay, with excellent communication, a few hormonal days, and of course God ;)

    Love you and wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God knows just how much you can take...He never gives you more than He and you can handle! Love you honey! Wish I could jump in the car and help you!

    ReplyDelete