Monday, December 5, 2011

Ryan's and Potty Training

I'll start with Ryan's. Recommendation: If you are ever in Sandusky, Ohio....hungry and wanting a buffet. Don't eat at Ryan's! Both Levi and Noah got sick. Granted Noah got it waaaaay worse. He threw up on the way home 3 times. Then around midnight it got really bad for Noah. Fever, and more puking. Just as we were settling back into bed it all happened again. So we put him in the bath again, changed the bedding again, read a book, sang a song, and then off too bed again....we let him in bed with us, again...because I wanted to make sure I heard him if he puked. Thankfully he didn't, but he squirmed and moved around so much Levi and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep.

Moral of story: Don't eat at Ryan's.... OR don't forget to wipe down highchair, and table, and ALL things the toddler touches with sanny wipes. I'm wondering too if he just got the flu bug while we were there....

Okay, on too potty training.

So, I'm kinda excited! Noah now knows where he goes pee pee and he knows where the potty is. AND he'll tell me when he goes pee pee! YAY!! Now I just need to figure out how to get him to tell me BEFORE he goes. Also, he has no concept of going #2. Really. He would let it sit in his diaper for forever if I would let him. WHICH I DON'T! I think letting your child sit in their own waist for an extended period of time, is border line child abuse. Which maybe why it doesn't bother him...cuz I change it before it gets bothersome. I don't know...anyhow...I'm super excited we are working in the potty training direction!!!! Woot woot!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. GOOD JOB NOAH!!!! Do the potty dance....lol He will get it in time. Oh poor baby & poor Levi. I feel sorry for them. I pray they are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Noah! LoL Hank is the same way about #2....we are getting good at the whole potty thing, but I don't think we are going to do 100% diaper free till he comprehends that both are done at the same place. Hope your boys are feeling better!!!! And you too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you run a fever with food poisoning. Ryan's probably isn't at fault in your situation. It's probably safe to eat there, but I know once you associate getting sick and going to Ryans in your head it's hard to get over the mental block.
    As for potty training hints, I'm totally incompetent. My grandmother had to potty train both of my children because I was such a failure. Really! I'm a Potty Training Failure in life. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know....I'm thinking it was the flu too. It's been goin round. lol....ya...I'm pretty sure though we EVEN STILL won't be going to Ryan's. At least not in Sandusky,OH. :)

    Potty training is TOOOOOOOO complicated!!!!!!!!Plus, I imagine what works for one child...more then likely won't work the same with another. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete