Friday, May 13, 2011

Waterworks

Okay, so I haven't cried about moving. Well, not up until Wednesday. I've tried not too think too much about the actual "leaving" part.

Now, though, I'm having a hard time NOT thinking about it. And the "waterworks" won't stop. We head out the 21st. SO, in about 8 days. I gave my 2 weeks notice last Friday, and I work right up until Wednesday. We leave out early morning Saturday.

It's funny, not in a good way funny, how you finally appreciate the people, and even the little things that you love about where you are, when it's time to leave.

This Wednesday was my last Woman's Missionary Band service. I decided not to say anything about it... mostly cuz I didn't want to become emotional. The church watched me "grow up" spiritually. I know I've come a long way sense my very first WMB service when we first moved here. It was bittersweet.

Then, there's leaving The Church people. They are all so special. I wish we would have spent time with each of them. Now, that we getting so close to the leaving date. The time just isn't there. I felt a sadness come over me about that Wednesday night.

Then there's Angela. Why did we have to get so close just as I have to go? I don't get it, and a matter of fact I tried to prevent it. God, though, had other plans. LOL! If you knew our history. Truly, ONLY GOD! :) I thank the Lord for Angela! She's a true friend. Really! A gift from God, and I hope somehow, someway, we can keep our friendship even with the distance. That even our little boys will be good friends one day!

Then there's my family. I don't know what to even say about leaving them. I just cry. I'm 28. Not a child. And I just CAN NOT STOP the tears that come when I think about not being close to them. We all knew it was coming one day. Still, it doesn't make it easy.

It's just like God to give me a song. Yes, even though I'm excited about building our log home. I'm excited that I KNOW with ZERO doubt that we going where God wants us to GO. It's good to know God's will! I KNOW, Levi NEEDS to minister! Still, there are disappointments, achings, tears, and there have been some trials here for sure. Leaving, will still be hard, another "trial". STILL, like the song says. I know there will be blessings that come from it all.

"Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise".


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song<3 Almost got me in tears too. God does have a sense of humor :D I'm so glad though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww aww I feel so sorry for you. I cant imagine what you must be going thru. Its even harder that you are almost leaving everything you ever known and then you have to start all over. That has to be so hard. I will do my best to try and get together with you when I can :) God will give you strength and comfort.
    John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

    Trust the Lord he will give you the strength you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a good song huh?;0) A tear jerker for sure. ;)

    Thanks for the verse Jenn! It's just what I needed today!

    ReplyDelete