Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stuck

Well, where do I start. I guess I'll say that moving is NOT fun. The packing, loading, cleaning. Is tiring!! Then there's the emotional exhaustion. Saying good bye is beyond NO FUN!! I got to say, although, there were a lot of tears. I think some of those tears brought healing and words that needed to have been said a long time ago. Words that I needed to say a long time ago!! You never know what you have until it's gone.

I SOOOOOO miss my family!!! AND I sooooooo miss my best friend!!!

I know my family isn't going to be in Alaska for forever. Ohio is in the middle of the states, so anywhere they go is going to be closer then ALASKA!! ;-) AND I'm PRAYING, that Ang moves to Ohio one day. ;-) haha....a girl can hope. :D

So, moving took longer then planned and we didn't leave until Sunday afternoon. We stayed in Tok, Alaska for the night. Then got on the road again around 7:30am and got to the Canadian border about an hour and a half later. Thankfully we had no issues!

Noah started out real fussy that first day. He got better though, the second day. He was starting to get fussy and wanting out as we were coming up to Whitehorse, Yukon and we were seriously considering calling it a night. Even though it was only 5pm. The next real stop point would have been 3-5 hours away. Well, in the end we didn't have a choice. The breaks started getting real soft to the point when we went down a small hill Levi couldn't stop. SCARY! Thankfully there was a Canadian Tire Store around the corner. They looked at it, even though they were closed. It turned out we had barely any break fluid. Every time the breaks were pushed the break fluid came squirting out. Because they were closed, we had to come back the next morning for them to fix it. There was a hotel just down the road thankfully. HA! The same one that I stayed at with my family when we came to Alaska. SOoooo, they filled the break fluid up, and we made it safely to the hotel and back again this morning. On a side note. The room is nice, with a REALLY comfortable bed. YAY!!

Anyway. The break line needs replaced and nobody in town has the part so we have to wait until *!THURSDAY!* when the part is SUPPOSE to be here. We shall see.

Even though, it completely stinks to be STUCK here in Whitehorse. I'm thankful for God's timing and protection. It could have been A LOT worse! I've been doing these devotions with Levi on the sovereignty of God. One of the verses was Danial 4:35 "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" God rules! Nothing happens to us with out His permission. I for one, take comfort in that!

Alrighty picture time!

Noah resting with dad while we were getting things packed. HAHA!! Noah praises the Lord all day long!! It SOoooo cute and very sweet.



Saying "see ya later" NOT "goodbye" to Angela and Hank.


Lots of tears followed this picture.



Noah was entertained by this mirror for a good couple hours!


Motel in Tok, Alaska


"Watch out A BEAR!!"


He looks friendly enough to pet!


Lunch @ a French Bakery and Cafe along the Alcan



The Motel in Whitehorse, Yukon

3 comments:

  1. Oh the tears came again, but I SOOOO LOVED the pictures. AND you saw a bear. I'm jealous. I have yet to see one. Love you guys. Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already told Ryan we are going to Willard! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! I cant imagine the stress & frustration you guys must be having. God has a reason for why you broke down. He could be keeping you from so many things that we just don't know about. We will keep praying for Gods hand of protection upon you.

    ReplyDelete