
Ya...I quit my job today. I tried, but just couldn't do it. I was beyond exhausted!! I was SO tired I was sick!!! Getting five hours of broken sleep a day is just not enough. I'm used to being good at my job, but I was having the hardest time making decisions and thinking clearly. It was in every ones best interest. I was going to wait until Jan. when I thought they would give more leave, but found out that it wasn't going to happen until Feb. and physically I couldn't make it that long. In reality I couldn't make it even ONE more day!
I can't even tell you how at peace I am about it!! We are going to miss the flight benefits, but it'll be okay. Dad is going to let us use a couple of his guest passes for the Youth Convention so all is good.
Anyhow, so that's that.
Noah's been better, THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for the info!!!!!! It's helped!!!!!! His personality has come through a little more though. He cries every time he's tired and we try to get him to sleep. Whether it's in the afternoon or night. Normally I would catch the signs....give him his soothe, put a blanket over his head, and pat his bottom to sleep. Now though, I don't think it has anything to do with teething...he pretty much cries himself to sleep. Nothing helps. I don't know what the issue is....maybe he's just stubborn. ;)
So that it around here....Noah's crying gotta go. =)



I haven't stopped by in a while. GREAT pictures! Something about Noah reminds me of Canaan Clarkson when he was little. He's a real cutie, and growing up SO fast!
ReplyDeleteAre you familiar with No Greater Joy Ministries? Michael Pearl is a bit "out there" with some of his beliefs but when it comes to child training I've never read anything any better. He's got a series of books called "To Train Up a Child." I know a few parents who REALLY should read it, for their sake and for everyone else's. :-P You can check out their website at www.nogreaterjoy.org You can probably find some hints or recommendations on there for the "crying for no apparent reason" problem. God bless you! All too soon he'll be walking and talking (real English) and before you know it he'll be all grown up and gone. Enjoy every stage and thank God for each day.
Jessa I know it was probably hard to quite your job, but God will take care of you and you will be happy to be with Noah all the time.
ReplyDeleteI think just letting him cry himself to sleep is the best thing. When Jeremiah started that I just laid him in his crib and he cryed himself to sleep. After about 3/4 days he would just go to sleep. Sounds like your doing a great job and your a good mommy.
That worked great for my girls concerning the crying their selves to sleep, it put them on a really good schedule as well because they learned that when they were laid down it was time to take a nap. Although I know every baby is different so you need to do whatever is comfortable for you and Noah. I love being a stay at home mommy..it's the best!! I know that I might not always get to do that but I am enjoying every minute while it lasts!! I'm sure you will too..Noah is adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies for your input!It makes me feel better to know that Noah isn't exceptionally ornery. I'm going to have to put him down. I've been bouncing him around the whole time, but I don't want that to be THE only way he can get to sleep. So we are going to work on just putting him in his crib and letting him cry. Do you think 4 months is too early to do that???? That's the only thing I worry about. He's catching on to things real good now.....so I'm thinking it maybe okay.
ReplyDeleteSis. Smith- Sis. Bekah Doran gave me one of those books YEARS ago, at least I'm pretty sure it the same book. I was recently thinking I needed to go try to find it in one of the many, many, boxs of books I brought from WI and never unpacked. I';m going to go take a gander at that website though. Thank you! =D
Hey Jessa congrats on quitting your job. I no I had to quit my job back in July because I got hurt on the job. I was not to thrilled because I thought I would get bored staying home but I don't. I am constantly busy doing something & now I am babysitting a 11 month old & he is a handful. He is walking teething & getting into everything. But I enjoy it & its nice to have a baby in the house. I cant wait till our baby comes so I don't have to give them back.....lol
ReplyDeleteHey Jenn!! I just now saw your comment. YA. I'm sooooo glad I was able to quit! I may pick up a little something later on just to get a little extra, but we'll see how it goes. For now we are doing fine and staying home with Noah is worth the tighter budget.
ReplyDeleteI'm sooooo excited about you guys being preganat!! If you guys have a boy we'll have lots of things to share with you. ;) We may start trying again to have another...but not until the move down.... =)
Sounds Good!!!! I no I keep seeing different things I would love to buy for the baby but everyone keeps telling me to wait because this will be the 1st Grandchild & Great Grandchild on my side & we wont need to buy anything. Who knows? I am just so excited I cannot wait to be a mama ;) We went to Maynard & Barbs on Sat & Dad said that he wanted me to have twins so he gets 2 all at once. I was like my goodness are you trying to kill me.......lol Well I need to finish the laundry take care & we cannot wait till you guys come home in Feb :)
ReplyDelete