Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This is what I do for fun.....

So, we really want to buy a house! We would like to start putting our money towards something we can own. Instead of throwing our money into rent. And rent in Anchorage is ridicules!!!!! It's a mortgage and then some, which is sad.

I think a fixer upper would be a blast!! Levi did a really good job at remodeling his house in Virginia. So I know it can be done. Plus, I've been totally obsessed with HGTV. =) We can do it!!!!

I'm TOTALLY into cutesy small houses that have HUGE character.So for fun I go on line and look for houses for sale that are cheap. And figure out what I would do to make it fantabules! I know kinda silly....oh...and not in Anchorage...the houses here are two expensive for what your getting, which makes it no fun. Anyhow, the dreaming process is exciting!

Okay, this is the one I've been looking at. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath. For $55,000 and has 1,402 square feet of living space.



First,the outside. I think shutters would make it look adorable. I like the combinations of white with green shutters, yellow with green shutters, light blue with dark blue shutters, and dark green with burgundy shutters, and white with blue shutters. I think with this house I like the last one. White with blue shutter and blue trim of course.


Kinda like this, but with blue shutters. I also like the windows in this picture. They would add tons character quick!


Okay for the porch. I soooooooo want I large front porch!!!! With white rocking chairs like the picture above. That may be tricky, but I think I like the porch on this house. The roof on the porch will need to be more flat instead of the "V" so it won't cover those up stair windows.I also think I like the porch to start from the door, and go to the right like this picture, but end at the edg of the house. It should still be a able to fit a couple rocking chairs.



I have ALWAYS wanted a red door. So I don't know.....what do you think? Would red look good with the blue shutters?? HAHA! It would be a red, white, and blue, house. Not sure what I think about that!!! Maybe I should just stick with a beautiful wood door??? mmmmm


I know...I'm weird. It's fun though. REALLY!!!


Alright. I'll do the inside another day!! Levi's going to be home in an hour. AND I should at least try and do something to show I was more productive!!!! =D Oh BTW.. .and Noah's been sleeping all day!!! Must be a growth spurt....

5 comments:

  1. It is so amazing when you (finally!) own a house because your dreams become a reality! I have always wanted a yellow house with a red door and white picket fence.

    So far I have my yellow house! The red door and picket fence are still in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A red door goes with every color house. Okay, maybe not orange, but who wants an orange house? A while back I did a search on the history of red doors and it dates back to the Middle Ages when churches would paint their doors red, symbolizing the blood of Jesus and that those who passed through the doors would find safety and welcome. I've always liked red doors, but after reading about the link to the blood of Jesus I REALLY like them. Our house is white with green shutters and metal roof and . . . a red door, of course! I love it.
    I, too, love to dream about decorating and HGTV is about the only channel I watched back when we had HGTV. Now we get DIY Network instead, so that's what I watch. I get all kinds of ideas and plenty of knowledge to tuck away for when I can get to a particular project. Fixer-uppers are the best deal because most people are too afraid of them and don't know where to start. Bad plumbing or electric are the things that can be the most expensive, but you have a built-in electrician so that takes care of one of the obstacles. :-) Have fun dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day.... Micah and I are saving up and hopefully by this time next year we can buy a little fixer-upper out in the valley. :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE BH&G, DIY, and HGTV :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bible says Psalm 37:3-5
    Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
    Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
    Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

    He'll continue to fulfill your dreams if you continue to be faithful to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, your house is cute and I'm sure it just going to get cuter!!! =D

    Sis. Smith, you know.... I do remember hearing a little about why old churchs had red doors. I think it was brought up in one of our services back in WI. It's been a while though and I forgot. It's history is beautiful....!!! "Symbolizing the blood of Jesus and that those who passed through the doors would find safety and welcome". YA....now I REALLY want a red door!!
    I've like the idea of a metal roof. They look really nice, and I LOVE the sound of rain. The metal does emphasize the rain sound doesn't it?

    Megan I know!!! In The Valley you can get sooo much more bang for your buck!! It's amazing. There is a goverment loan out there to encourage people to buy fixer uppers. I think Levi was saying that have really low intrest rates. I think though, with Micah being native, and with him being in the military I'm sure you'll get a good deal. You know....I think there is a VA loan
    out there that you don't even need to put anything down. I'm not sure though....

    Mom, I read that scripture and verse 3 stuck out to me, the 2nd part. "So shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed". So I looked up the commentary and this is what it said: Matthew Henery....

    He does not say, "So shalt thou get preferment, dwell in a palace, and be feasted." This is not necessary; a man's life consists not in the abundance of these things; but, "Thou shalt have a place to live in, and that in the land, in Canaan, the valley of vision, and thou shalt have food convenient for thee." This is more than we deserve; it is as much as a good man will stipulate for (Genesis 28:20) and it is enough for one that is going to heaven. "Thou shalt have a settlement, a quiet settlement, and a maintenance, a comfortable maintenance: Verily thou shalt be fed." Some read it, Thou shalt be fed by faith, as the just are said to live by faith, and it is good living, good feeding, upon the promises. "Verily thou shalt be fed, as Elijah in the famine, with what is needful for thee." God himself is a shepherd, a feeder, to all those that trust in him, Psalms 23:1.

    ReplyDelete