There really isn't a whole going on.....
There was a youth revival in Bethel this weekend. Mom and dad left Friday morning. We couldn't go because we both needed to work. It's a bummer. Normally it wouldn't be that big of a deal to take off, but with maternity leave coming up we need to keep a steady income flow.
I guess there was bad weather in Bethel this morning. The flight dad was going to come home on was canceled. Thankfully though, the last flight tonight left and he was able make it back to Anchorage for church tomorrow.
Hopefully the revival is going good! David Bagoni is the Evangelist I'm sure I kill led the spelling of his name. I'm sure dad will tell all about it tomorrow.
At work I've been trying to talk to people and figure out how maternity leave works. We don't have "HR" per say.....we have union reps. They normally know all about policy and procedures. Well, the couple I've talked to seem to be unclear of how it all works too. Noithing reads in English! I know this for sure. I'll get 4 months. Some of it will be paid if I chose to use sick leave and vacation hours, some will be paid with short term disability. Which is 40% of income. Which is only for 6 weeks or 9 weeks depending on the type of recovery needed. I'll have to be on pay roll or covered with FMLA in order for my insurance to still work during maternity leave otherwise we will have to pay into COBRA. I know this boring!! Sorry. I'm still trying to sort it all out in my head.
Okay, I'm going to stop so I don't keep rambling about nothing exciting.
Nighty night! Have a great Sunday tomorrow!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



;-) You came real close with the Bogoni part, but his first name is Damian. --I'm sure he's having a great time.
ReplyDeleteYou're probably getting Damian mixed up with David BaRoni (capital "R" for emphasis only). David Baroni was in the COGOP years ago and became well known for his music and song writing.:-)
ReplyDeleteYou know.... =) I was looking at his name for the longest time thinking that something was off, but out side of always spelling things wrong I couldn't figure out what it could be. LOL well...that's what it was. His name isn't David!! I'm not sure if I have heard of David Baroni......I would have loved to say that was what the mix up was though. lol *shakes head*
ReplyDelete