=) Levi bought yak meat. Oh brother........ He was going to get half a Buffalo, but found out that yak was cheaper. Has any body ever had yak meat?? From what I have read it just like beef, but leaner and healthier. So I guess that's good.....I guess I'll find out if it tastes good or not. ;)
It'll be nice to have meat in the freezer all the time. I have yet to figure out our dinners. Lunches are easy, because we buy in bulk. With dinners though, I need to get in some kind of routine were we go grocery shopping at the same time every week or two. Right now, we are always making pit stops for things, or just going out to eat. *sigh* I'll figure it out........
=D Maybe Jenna and I can get a picture at church tonight together......Jenna donated her hair to Locks Of Love. I could have mine too, but I didn't think about it....
I read this phrase yesterday and thought it was well put, and strangely encouraging....."The Lord's work is advanced by difficulties and discouragements, rather than by ease and prosperity". Oh how true.....
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I've never had yak meat, but I spent 25 years cooking nothing but deer and elk meat--no beef. The key to wild meat is to cook it slooooow. Because it's so lean, it has a tendency to be tough unless you take your time. Crock Pot recipes work well.
ReplyDeleteTry some yak steaks like this: Dredge them in flour, then brown them in oil/shortening seasoning with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you'd like (garlic salt, season salt, greek seasoning, etc.), then turn the skillet down to simmer; sprinkle a packet of dry onion soup over the top, then spoon a can of cream of mushroom soup over that. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You may need to add a little water to the skillet if it's too dry in there. --We call these smothered steaks, and they're yummy and tender. Enjoy your yak! :-D
mmmmmmm thats sounds really good! I'll give it'll try!! Thank you! I'm going to look and see if I can also find some good crock pot recipes.....maybe I can use beef recipes and just cook the yack slower.....
ReplyDelete