Monday, July 20, 2009

Mmmmmm???

I'm blank. I have no idea what to title this.

Levi preached a a really good message yesterday morning. He preached on The Song Of Solomon."The Church", but a little differently then I have ever heard it. He really encouraged us to be "love sick' with Christ. He preached on mostly Song of Solomon 5:7 where the watchman found her, and wounded her, and took off her Vail. Then they asked, "who is thy beloved more then another beloved"? She goes on and on about her love! Despite the humiliation, and cruelty she was enduring at that time. It doesn't matter what we go through..... our love for Christ should show and be exclaimed. His title was "Who Is He?".....it was a good message.

Other then that, we haven't been up to much. We are thinking about putting in an app. for a mission trip, or at least we are really going start praying about it. I saw something about one in the Evening Light, I brought it up, but we kinda hoped that we would be pregnant by that time. It feels wrong now though, to put something like that off because of a "self" desire.

Tonight, we are going to start working on our tickets for IYC and the Assembly. I'm excited!!! There is something special about going to the Assembly married. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessa, I just wanted to encourage you guys. Desiring to have children to raise up for the glory of God is definitely not a selfish thing. God knows the timing though and He will bless you when you put that in His hands and keep working for Him in the meantime, whether it's a mission trip or something else. I know the feeling, we had to wait 3 1/2 years for our Sara to come along. And just look at Sis. Annette! God knows the desires of our heart, and resting in His timing is not always easy but He's a good God and I'm so glad He loves us. :-) Anyway, I just mainly didn't want you to feel guilty for desiring the heritage of the Lord! They are every bit a mission field as anything else. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your comment over and over again.Thank you for what you said. I have felt quilty....and I have never thought of our OWN children being a mission field. What an, an amazing perspective! Thank you!!! Could I get your email address sometime? If it would be better, you could you send me your email address at jessalynn.nowling@alaskaair.com

    Thank you for what you said!

    ReplyDelete