Really I do. I have read this chapter before, but the message didn't stick out to me then. It's neat to see Habakkuk's transformation. At the beginning of the book his prayers are questioning God and his ways. When God answers Habakkuk, he is reproved. Then his prayer changes in Chapter 3 as he humbled before the power of God. God is going to use the Babylonian's who are even more wicked, to punish Judah for their own evil. Habakkuk wanted change in their land, however this was not how Habakkuk thought it was all going to happen....and Habakkuk anticipates disaster. This is what He Say's though in the last chapter....
3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
3:19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
Who are we to question the Lord and His ways? He is a just and fair God, but His ways our not ours. He uses all things for HIS glory! I wonder if I myself can ever get to a point where I can say the same has Habakkuk. Through it all, what ever may come my way, yet will I rejoice, for the Lord is the God of my salvation! He is my strength!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Amen! I like it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDelete