First, I want to say thank you for the prayers! Levi and I talked and I'm not going to fill the prescription. I can do my part and start eating healthier and exercising. Everything else we'll just leave in God hands. As fare as having children go, I could be healthy and God could still chose to not give us children. That part I have no control over even if I wanted too. I sure can't say enough about the husband God is giving me......there was never even a question in my mind that Levi would still have me. Plus, it's going to be so great having a minister as a husband!! I get preached at when I need it the most. God has been so good to me.
Okay, about the silver tie.....when Levi went and got his tux/suit (his tux is just a REALLY nice suit) for the wedding he also found a silver tie that he really liked...and planned on wearing it for the wedding. At first I explained that our colors were sage and pink.........and sense the groomsmen are wearing sage ties I suggested that he should wear a white tie. Well, he didn't seem overly thrilled.... and we let it go for the time being . A few days ago I decided that it wasn't a big deal. It may even look nice. It's his wedding too!! SO, Chinju and I were looking today and we are going to wrap my bouquet with some silver. It should be pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey, Jessa. I just read your post below about the doctor's appointment and "scare tactics." There are a lot of reasons wy I don't go to doctors, but one of the bigger ones is that most of them use "scare tactics" of "If you DON'T take this drug for the rest of your life all kinds of horrible things are going to happen to you" then they proceed to list off deadly consequences. Strive to "turn your fears into RIGHTEOUS EXPECTATIONS." Don't fear what the world's "gods" predict, but place your life completely in GOD's control and have complete trust in Him to do only what's best for you. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love" (1 Jn. 4:18). When you're FULLY surrendered to God there's no torment, only peace.
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate you and Levi's desire to please God in all ways. I'm praying God will continue to direct your lives in His perfect will and draw you closer and closer to Him.
--And it's nice you're incorporating the silver Levi wanted. How sweet.
Hey Jessa, I just wanted to throw an idea at you. Johnny has been using this program to get healthier. He was border-line diabetic, had hypertension, bad knees, and back. He changed his eating habits, and lifestyle. He feels SO much better physically and he lost weight too. I'm mainly thinking for the health benefits for you! Just to be clear!:0) Check out www.mybodymakeover.com To buy the whole program is expensive, Johnny found one on e-bay for next to nothing. If you want some ideas of what Johnny eats, just let me know. It's just a good healthy diet for anyone. We're still praying for you as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the invitations, they are beautiful! Love you!!
Girl...I love you! You are so sweet and encouraging and SINCERE. Shew. It's refreshing. God has all your tomorrow's already planned. Take rest in that whatever the tomorrow may hold, as you rest in His hands, tomorrow will be ordained for your good at the end of lifes road.
ReplyDeleteDamon wanted a white bow tie. BLECH. ;) but, like you said it's the mans wedding too. So, even though it wasn't my first choice, it was so him and I look back on it now and smile. :D I love you and the invite was beautiful.
Hey Jessa!
ReplyDeleteKim my DOCS says that a lot of the time our bodies have a natural way of healing itself if we eat healthy, exercise, and get enough rest. She isn't opposed to medication.....I mean she does have a BSN, but she says that giving our bodies what they need should always be a first step. I really should be on something right now for my blood sugar, but I've talked to Kim about it and I have chosen to let God work and start being healthier. She told me what to expect during changing my lifestyle and she and the other nurse in my office watch me very closely.
I think doctors try their hardest to scare us, but I've learned that when I want to know the honest truth about how something will effect me....I ask the nurse! LOL. Hope you have wonderful week.
I love that! RIGHTIOUS EXPECTATIONS! I was reading about the women with the issue of blood. Verse 43 of Luke chp.8 stuck out to me.
ReplyDelete"And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,"....
That verse was an confirmation to me.....that we are on the right track. Sis. Smith, I'm still pondering 1 John 4:18.There is something there I haven't grasped yet. 1 John 4 has always been one of my favorite chapters.
Libby, thats cool tht Bro. Johnny is better!! I looked at that website. I really do think that making a life style change will make a huge differance!!!!! Thank you SOOO much for praying. I feel it. :-D!!
Kasey, I love you too. =) lol I had that thought too....now when I look back on our wedding photos I can have a special memory when I see that tie. ;)
Jess, Levi made a good point. Docters don't make money from healthy people.
I know you were eating REALLY healthy when I was down there! Are you feeling better??
I'm starting to feel some better. Kim keeps telling me that it is a very slow process to do it this way, but in the end it will be worth it if I don't have to take medication.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I have 1 John 4:18 totally figured out, but I feel like I have a much better grasp of it than I did up until about 5 year ago. Something begin to stir in me about that time, and I began to understand a little more about TRUST. In my mind I'm linking trust and love together--the "perfect love" that disintegrates fear. If I truly believe God is in control of ALL things, and if I fully trust that He loves me completely and He always does what is best for me (cf. Rom. 8:28), then what's there to fear? No matter what happens, it's in His control and in His plan as long as I'm surrendering my life to Him daily. When "bad things" seem to happen the first thing I do is start examining my life and asking God to show me if there's somewhere I'm "cheating" or taking shortcuts and not living exactly as He's prescribed. If I really AM crucified with Christ (Gal. 2:20) I have no desires of my own, so whatever He allows and/or directs is fine. Hence, no fear. No torment. Just abounding love for God and trust in Him.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could express what's inside my mind. I usually just talk in circles and sometimes even confuse MYSELF trying to explain it! LOL
No, Sis. Smith you make since. =) I think your right.....it's all about trust. I know too it's easy to compromise....to take an easier way. God has been dealing with me on that. It's seems an automatic thing to do, when something bad happens...it's like "God what am doing wrong???" or "God, what do you want to teach me????". I know He has a reason for all things.
ReplyDelete