Well, I went in to the clinic again. I saw a different Doctor this time, only because I felt like it was something that needed to be resolved. I didn't like her. She immediately gave a prescription for synthroid for Hypothyroidism. I asked her about natural ways, to avoid taking the prescription......she immediately had a response on the reason not to.....and seemed slightly annoyed that I asked. Then she told me my blood sugar was high. Or as she put it, "border line diabetic" if my blood sugar remains consistently high. Then also, that I have low vitamin D levels. I guess that's to be excepted from just coming out of an Alaskan winter. She then wrote me out the prescription and then sent me to get my blood drawn again. Everything I have read on hypothyroidism brings out that a low carb or "good" complex carb diet will make a big difference. Also, exercises will help. However, none of this was brought up.
She did though, suggest that we don't start having children until my thyroid levels are in a healthy range. Otherwise it can cause birth defects. It could also, in general hinder us from having children. Infertility is a symptom. Both Levi and I wanted to have children right away. I had read about this and was prepared to hear it.
I'll be honest, I'm not sure where my convictions lie as fare as seeing doctors. In this situation specifically I'm not sure what God wants me to do. I do know, that not being able to have children has been a long time fear. God is not the author of fear though, and this whole thing is just feeding that fear. I'm feeling more and more like this is the devils way of trying to get me back in bondage and oppression. I have come too fare to go back to that. God has proven Himself to me over and over. Regardless, I should know that He has everything already planned perfectly. To ultimately give Him the most glory and praise. I just need to trust HIS plan.
Well, I think I need a nap. I had to be at the Doctor at 8am and I worked until 3a last night. I'm tired!!
Please.....I don't know if emotionally I'm making a bigger deal out this then necessary..... but I, and I'm sure Levi also, would be very grateful for your prayers.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's when you surrender everything that God is ALLOWED on the scene. Love you honey...God knows everything. Give it to Him. - Mom
ReplyDeleteHey Jessa,
ReplyDeleteWe will absolutely be praying for you. I will let the church know what's going on, they will pray too. Love you. Keep us updated.
We had prayer for you tonight in our prayer service! Sometimes we don't understand things and why they happen and the timing :) but God knows and just remember that he's in control! it through our trials that God can be glorified. God is control!!!!!!! Something here lately that has been going over and over in my mind is the scripture is "the prayer of a righteous man availeth much"!!!!! God doesn't ignore the prayers of his people and you've got so many people praying with you and Levi. I love and appreciate you sooooooooo much, you've been such an encouragement for me and you have my e-mail address and phone number so I'm here whenver you need anything!!
ReplyDeletePraying and I know that when God wants you to have a child, He'll give you one! No matter what the doctors say!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Hon, Nick and I are definately praying for you both. God is the solid rock we stand on and through the tough times and through the storms he is there for us!
ReplyDeleteI copied the lyrics from the Casting Crowns song...always praise him through the storm! He will show you the way to the beautiful sunrise in the morning!
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm