Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Birthday......And A Testimony (WARNING:POST IS LONG)



Well, Levi certainly made my birthday interesting! He's a nut! But a sweet nut, and even better MY nut. ;) He sent me a t-shirt, and a hat that he saw when he was in a Cracker Barrel. It was pink and had to do with chocolate..... so he figured he couldn't go wrong. lol I love it!
Tomorrow night I'm hoping the whole family will be able to go out to eat. I'm trying to remember when we were all together.....it's been a while. My favorite place to eat is this little Greek and Italian restaurant. Really...it's a whole in the wall, but it has AMAZING food!!
Yesterday, I made some apple butter cake. I've lost 7Ibs on my diet, but I made the decision to cheat for my Birthday. It made my day when Joleesa said how good it was....!! Here reaction was worth any pound I gain!! =)Then because I work nights, I pretty much don't go to bed even on my days off before midnight. Well, at midnight, last night I made a grilled cheese sandwich with some chips. Happy Birthday to me. It was the best grilled cheese EVER!!

It was a good birthday!

Also, I am feeling SOOOO much better! My cough was horrible! It seemed to just tare my chest apart when I coughed. I've just been weak and tired all the time.... It's been hard to work like that. Last Sunday, I didn't go to church or to work. Well, it bothered me that I didn't go to church, I made excuses to myself or I guess to God. Like...."I don't want to make anyone else sick", or " I'm just too sick to drive that whole way". Levi, had really encouraged me to go Sunday night so I could get prayed over. Well, I got dressed....laid on the couch and woke up about 20 min. before church started. I chose to go back to sleep when I had plenty of time to make it to church. Later that night I drove over to mom and dads. I got onto the computer and Google's Daily Verse was James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. Well, needless to say I knew I had been disobedient. Today (Wednesday), I had been feeling rotten and was coughing and such, but I got dressed and went. I led song service and I started to feel A LOT better all of a sudden while singing "Standing On The Promises". If I had been obedient to Him to him on Sunday, I wouldn't have had as rough of a week as I have had. I prayed many times while coughing endlessly at night that God would heal me. I know it was the obedience in my case that brought the healing. Isn't God so good!!?? That lesson, I learned the hard way. I'm SO happy though! That He's working on me and teaching me what He would have ME to be.

Okay, well, it's almost 4a I should head to bed! Thank you all again for the "Happy Birthdays" It was a GREAT one!


3 comments:

  1. thats awesome! Praise the Lord for Healing and obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute gift...you did good Levi.
    I am glad you are feeling better. Just think if you would have listened to your future husband and GOD!!!!! you could have had 3 free days from the sickness. :o) But your fine now. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you had a good birthday and that you are feeling better! That was a good testimony. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. God is so good.

    Applebutter cake. That sounds REALLY good! I've made applesauce cake before, which I LOVE, but applebutter, mmmm, I will have to try one sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete