Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mission Accomplished + More ;)

I found the dress. I know! That was quick huh!? I'm SO excited! I really love it! It's simple. It's has some beading on the top...and under the bust it has ribbon and a small bow. The skirt is just a little full, but not too much. It does have a little train, that I'll have to have a bustle put in for the reception. It also looks SO pretty with moms vail which is just as long as the train. The dress and the vail compliment each other perfectly. Mom, Jenna and Joe where there and they all love it. That makes me SO happy!

We also found bridesmaid dresses. Wahoo! Phew! I thought that was going to be harder then it was. Their dresses are tee length, in sage green...and also have a little bow under the bust. Super cute!

Okay, so here is the kicker. My dress came to $408 that includes the sleeves they are putting on the dress and the bag. Honestly, everything I was trying on was $599-$799. The dress I loved, was the last one I had to try on and the only cheaper one. The dress it self was $399, it was going to be $50 more dollars for the sleeves (which I didn't think was bad at all!) and then $10 for the bag the dress will go in. When I got the bill though it just came to the $408. There must of been a $50 dollar discount there some where! :o) God has been very good to me! Really He has.....

The girls dresses were also on sale from a $11o to $79. Then when we got to the counter they were only $59!! VERY cool!!!!

Oh! I also just fixed my blog....!! I'm feeling very proud of myself at the moment!!! :-D

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding ALL of the dresses and even better, finding great discounts on all of them. You must be walking on air from all the excitement. Your blog looks wonderful too...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, got it from DB? They're having the "Be Mine" sale, $50-$30 off. Good going, Jessa! See, aren't you glad you took the time to look instead of risking ordering online?

    (and i bet Jenna is glad the bridesmaid dresses were so reasonable, instead of a hundred and something dollars)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!! I had a thot..."jessa show us a picture" haha. but then I remembered...that probably isn't such a good idea. the whole groom can't see the dress thing. So, I nixed it. ;) I am really happy for you. Planning Damon and I's wedding was one of the most blissful stresses ever. I say that meaning, yes it was stressful, but oh so fun, and WORTH it. I wish you the very best, and Lord willing...I'd love to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ya! I'm flying high! ;) Yup, we did get everything from David Bridal. It's nice to have it all at one place. Haha Blissful stress is a good way to say it. =o)

    Kasey you should come!! That would be SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool about the price of the BM dresses. Everything is going to work out. I am glad you found your dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well...when you get your invitations together...send me one and I will try to make it, Lord willing. My dad is coming down in July...so why not me a month earlier. Specially for something way better than fishing. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kasey, just so you know Alaska camp is Sunday June 7th -June 10th and then the wedding is two days later on the 13th. Sharon Griffen is the speaker. If you were intrested in camp....Levi's dad and mom and Bro. Anders are both also wanting to do some fishing....I'm sure there is going to be a big fishing group going on one of the two days inbetween camp and the wedding.Do you still have my work email?? You were going to get one regardless, but I need your address for the invitation. =) I have a lot people I need to ask that of.....anyhow, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO GREAT Jessa! I'm so happy that everything worked out for you and you go the dresses you like for the price you like. :D That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Bekah!! It is exciting!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very happy about the price. I've already have to purchase one dress to buy thats going to cost me $180+ alterations- I'm hoping I only have to purchase one paid of shoes :P

    I wish the jackets were as cheap as the dress lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you! You are going to make a beautiful bride! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwwww Thanks Sis. Net!!! Been praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete