Sunday, August 26, 2012

Life

Hopefully blogging once a month isn't going to be my new norm. Boy, that's bad!

 That one thing that just never happens these days. Down time. I don't know how mothers do it. I can't keep up! There is always some house work that needs to be done. Right now I could, and probably should be doing something else. My house seems to never be completely clean, and honestly it drives me nuts. It probably wouldn't bother me as much...but I just never know when someone is going to come over. I'm one that when company comes over I run around cleaning and scrubbing everything. I get a little on edge when folks come over. I  always am really hoping they don't notice, or care about this or that.

Other then that, we are all settling into our new life. Selah is great. She does get fussy though. Mostly EVERY night . :) She cluster feeds for about 3 to 4 hours (eats every hour), and in between fusses a lot. It doesn't bother me too much though cuz I know she is storing up too sleep good. She sleeps great I think for 2 months old.  We go to bed at 11pm and she doesn't wake up until 4 or 5am, she snacks and then goes back to sleep real easy. She doesn't wake up again until 8:30 or 9am. She started doing that at like, 1 month old! :)

Noah is adjusting real good too. We have to watch him that he doesn't accidentally hurt her. Actually, I never leave him in the room alone with her. Just in case...he loves his "Sissy" though, and is always wanting to kiss and hold her. :) He wants to play with her soooo bad! I think she will develop physically more quickly then Noah. Which is cool. I cant wait to see them play together! Even if it is fighting over toys. :) I may change my mind later about that, I'm sure. ;-)

Well that's it for now! Maybe I'll try and start being a better blogger. HA!! I'm not going to hold my breath!

4 comments:

  1. It took me FOREVER to get into a groove after having two babies. I feel like things finally clicked and I was able to get things done around the house as well as keep a job mostly stress-free with two babies about a month ago. =\ Just in time for me to be side swiped again and learn how to handle responsibilities with a new baby all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! =) I hope by now breastfeeding has started to get numb and painless!! Gets sooo much easier and special! Glad to here you are doing good!! You deserve it <3 haha, I am the same about my house (which u know) some things may never change ;) I miss talking to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to fret about my house like crazy! Age has mellowed my views so much. Of course, it's much easier to keep house for just my husband and myself than it was with other people (especially little people) around. Still, I'm so much more calm than when I was younger and thought everything had to be perfect. I just remind myself that when I go visit someone else in their home I don't critique, or even notice, if they've dusted or if the floors are vacuumed or a dozen other piddly little things. I got to see THEM, not their house. I trust it's the same with those who come to see me. If I'm on edge they will sense it. So I just calmly try to make my guests feel at home and not like they're in the principal's office or something. HA! And I've always been aware that the very best motivation for cleaning my house is having unexpected guests pop in when the house is a wreck. The minute they leave I'm scrubbing and cleaning everything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with our house having to have it nice & tidy & then I started noticing the dogs were teaching Lyberti how to do more things then I was :( BIG slap in my face because I was not spending quality time with her :( I was so worried about the house that I was not paying attention to my daughter. So, I stopped stressing so bad & I reminded myself that she is more important, house work will always be there waiting for me whenever I get to it.No worries Jessa, I promise when I come over I dont notice if the house is messy.......lol love ya bunches :)

    ReplyDelete