Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Long One

I love my diaper bag!! I figured if I was going to carry this around just as much as a purse...I needed to find a diaper bag I REALLY liked!! =) This is my 34 week picture with my snazzy diaper bag. ;)
Yesterday, my day off. I went out to lunch with Mom and Joleesa. At one of our favorite soup and sandwich coffee shops. It's a little hole in the wall, but mmmm so good! Afterward I had a good spurt of energy so I ran to the store to pick up some baby wipes. It's really the only thing I didn't have, I thought I better get it while I was thinking about it. Then on my way home I realized I need a smaller version for the diaper bag, and a small baby powder too. So that's the next thing I'll have to go get. Anyhow, with the energy, I cleaned out the car and vacuumed it out. Came home picked up, and did three loads of laundry. Folded and organized some baby cloths that I had gotten, but had yet to put away sense washing. Then after Levi got home from work we went over to mom and dads for dinner, and Jenna took some 34 week pictures. I'm always a little worried that I won't get a picture of what I'll look like right before he comes. So I'm going to have to take a couple at 36 weeks too. Anyhow, it felt good to have some energy finally.


Today on the other hand I am sooooo tired. I took two naps!!! Granted, waking up 4 times during the night to use the rest room does not help.


I also had an appoitment today. My fasting glucose levels are getting high, and she said it may be because of the farther along I get the more hormones that are produced that may be blocking insulin. So I have another appoitment next week, and if they aren't lower they may put me on insulin. =( I hope that doesn't happen. If I go on insulin they will have to take another ultrasound to see how big he is. Depending, they may induce me if he's getting too big. I gotta say. I REALLY don't want that!! *sigh*


The baby also had a "stress test" where they put a heart monitor on my belly and watched how his heart rate respond to movement. He had seemed to settle in for a nap, because it took a good while to get him too move, in the end though he was fine and we got some good movement. It was motioned that he had a low base line, the nurse seemed a little concerned, and got a midwife. The midwife though said he was just fine, but told her to pass it by the doctor to let her know. So I'm praying that he really is okay.


It's kinda ironic. I wanted at first to go to a birth center.....but that first appointment didn't work out. I was already over 6 weeks and wanted to get in somewhere. So I went to a Women's Clinic that collaborated with midwifes. They didn't do abortions and that was a big deal for me. It just felt like the right choice. I have thought many times about wanting to go back to the birth center, just because I water birth REALLY appealed to me. Now though, they wouldn't even except me because the pregnancy is now considered "high risk".


Oh well, this got long. Please say a prayer for Noah and the delivery. The closer I get the more apprehensive I get. The unknown is kinda scary, although the birth classes are helping a TON. It's one of those situations though, that in the end God always has the last say. I'm praying that He'll give me peace.........

2 comments:

  1. I commented last night but it didn't post for some reason...remember God took your fear. Don't take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it didn't work cuz I was working on it......your right. I have issues with that.

    ReplyDelete