Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Off. I'm Sorry It's Kinda Long

I now have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off with my new schedule. Yuk. Still. 11a-730p, which I like. I did get a few Sundays off from a lady that offered. So that was cool......Our schedule changes every 3-4 months. Based on flight loads and flight schedules. We bid according to our seniority. I was hired April 07. Compared to some, who have been there sense the early 80's.

This morning I went in for the follow up visit for my teeth, or I guess gums now. He said things look good and are healing well, no dry socket. Yahoo! My left side still hurts, but guess that's normal. Yesterday I was training a gal on the concourse, so I more then likely did more talking yesterday in one day, then the whole of last week.

I wish I had pictures of Nome to share. I have not a clue what Levi did with them. I know he made a slide show and put them on a couple of CD's, but I can't find them on the computer. Well, I guess that means he didn't save to them to the computer......Libby, I'm pretty sure he mailed a CD to you guys. =) He knew you and Bro. Johnny would like one.

We went to Nome pretty much to see if God was calling us there. There certainly is a "GO" spirit working in us, but we just don't know where or when. It almost seems, that there is a very quite voice saying "wait". Although, we both enjoyed visiting Nome, we can't say that we felt any heart strings being pulled. I don't know know about Levi, but this actually came as a surprise for me. I was expecting to feel something...... That is not to say that He may not want to work in a different way. However, until God says to us or to my husband. We are staying put.

Nome, I thought, was a lot more run down then Bethel. At least the residential areas. They did have some good restaurants and one GREAT espresso shop.The Bering Sea was beautiful . It was a warmish sunny day so we were able to walk along the beach. Levi was ecstatic when we were able to see a herd of 9 musk ox's. Made his day. =) I'm going to have to bug him for pictures.......


I saved the best for last. The Assembly was SOOoooo very good!! There were many messages that were preached that I'm still thinking on. Well known bible "stories", truths, that we have heard again and again, but were preached in a whole new light. At least to me....the message Bro.Premental preached, was probably the most beautiful message on The Church I have ever heard. It was on The Virtuous Women in Proverbs. Although, it made me look at those scriptures completely differant, it wasn't reallly the topic that made the message beautiful. It was the spirit in it....... of humilty..... that the message was preached in. It was so beautiful it brought tears, I think, to many eyes.

Okay, I'm off......until next time.......

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jes,

    Needless to say, I'm glad you're staying in ANC, at least for the time being, though that might be for purely selfish reasons. :) The question of where God wants us is definitely one of the most frighting, confusing, and yet, rewarding, questions that we will ever face. But you and Levi are going about it right, seeking God's will, stepping out on faith, but willing to step back if He says, "No, not yet.."

    Micah and I still would like to have you over sometime for a "at-home" Double Date. It'll have to be the weekend, what with Micah's schedule. We'll make sure Levi take a nap first, right? hehe

    Take care and see you Wednesday

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are feeling better! Thank you Levi for the the CD! We'll look forward to that! I guess you'd have to have good coffee in a place like Nome!
    Good to hear about the assembly, we are still waiting for all of it to be uploaded onto the internet. Did you get to meet my sister? She's really great, I think you'd like her a lot!
    Have a good week! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, we would love that! We'll have to chat about it....I'm not so sure when would be a good time, with me working Sat. now. *sigh* Unless we did something around 8pm when I get off work. I was thinking maybe we could do a movie marathan......???? I'll see you tonight!! =) Btw, I'm glad we are here too.... I'm very much happy and content. =D

    Libby, I asked Levi about the CD and it should get there any day. =)

    I kinda met your sister. We were walking into the mission ladies lunch in side by side. I had seen her from across the room before, but not close up.I looked over at her and said "Your Libby's sister!". If she had shorter hair, you all could pass as twins. Or vise versa. =) It's something else. She seems like she would be lots of fun to be around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your gums are healing up nicely. Getting teeth pulled is definitely not on my top ten list of things to do! :)

    You guys went to Nome?!? That is so cool! I have never been there, but it is somewhere I would like to go sometime. Yes, keep bugging Levi for the pictures! I would love to see them. :)

    When it is God's time for you two to move, God will let you both know and you will have peace.

    I am for sure getting the Assembly DVD's when they come out! They sound sooo good!

    Hey, I think it is time for a new post. :)

    ReplyDelete