Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Wedding Dress

I had my alterations fitting yesterday, and it didn't turn out the what I thought or wanted. The sleeves keep falling of my shoulder and look big....and the top is lower then I wanted. Well, I'm not sure I would say it's low really...it's just different. I would say more, if I knew I was just talking to women....Something has to be done though. The lady at David Bridal seemed to think that what they did, was all that could be done. I got some fashion tape, to see if we could to tape the sleeves to me.....last night at convention I looked down at my left arm and I have a bunch of little red dots everywhere. It looks kinda like a heat rash. I'm pretty sure it's from stress. My body has always done wierd things when stressed.

Today, I have my work shower. I'm excited! It should be a blast. Mom, Jenna, and Jo are coming which I'm glad of. The lady that is putting it together is my lead at work......she was there when I was trying to make the flight to Minneapolis to meet Levi for the first time. The flights were full, and she was trying every which way to figure out how I could make it there. I did... and two weeks later we had a wedding date. ;) Of course.... we had to wait to make it official until he could meet Dad. This same lady, is a fantastic sower, so I'm praying that she will have an idea on how to fix my dress.

I had my hair practice run yesterday too......it was fun!! Most times when they are working they make small talk...that I could take or leave. This women though I truly enjoyed our conversation! All four of us girls, and I think Levi's mom are going to head there the morning of the wedding. I'm looking forward to it!! It will be a good time to get away before it all starts. Oh!! LOL I brought Levi to the hair place. He kept on asking me how I was going to do my hair, so I just decided to bring him with, that way i could see what he likes. Well........................she did my hair three different ways. I showed him the first one, and he liked it. I showed him the seconded one and he was stumped. He couldn't tell the difference. The third one he just looked at me trying to figure out what to say. He actually didn't like it, but couldn't figure out how to say it "right". Poor guy. It was funny though.

Please be in prayer for convention tonight. I'm looking forward to Sis. Sharon preaching and just getting blessed!! Also, The Anchorage church now has a choir,=) and is on to sing tonight!! God has been SO good to our local church!! You should see us.... There are SOOO many young adults. It really is a sight to see.

5 comments:

  1. A hot bubble bath! Lock the door, turn off your phone, some praise music,and just dwell on the blessings of the Lord.
    I know you and I know your family. The dress will be fixed and in a week and a few days all the stress will be gone.
    Enjoy your shower. "Your", Jessa Nowling, wedding shower. How wonderful is that? Just for you woman. All the broken roads of the past have led to the love of your life and nothing else matters but the love that you both have for each other and the Father.
    I fully believe all the preparation that you have put into this wedding is working for Christ and his church. You are celebrating what God has done for you and the dedication that you and Levi both have to minister.
    God will use your love as a testimony to his compassionate love for us all and I believe that many souls will be blessed because of this union.
    So enjoy every minute of your big day!

    I love you,
    Aunt Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize that I was commenting under Bobby's name! We want tell him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought...what a nice comment from Bobby. HA!!!
    Annette is right. It will all work out and the dress will be perfect. When God is in it he is also in control.
    Hang in there try not to stress to bad and get rid of that rash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sell a body spray glue for these situatuions. If they don't have it at David's Bridal, they should have it at Nordstom's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Net, I have read that over and over again. Thank you for your words,your love, and your prayers through out the years. I'm giving you a BIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG syber hug!!!!! =D

    Sis. Tammy I went to call you on our way to camp, but then relized that I never put your number in my phone. I'm awful about that. Could you email it to me again???? LOVE you!!!!

    Thanks Belle! I think they fixed it!!! Wahooooo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete