Monday, February 16, 2009

Operation Wedding Dress

Okay, so I was going to just wear the wedding dress I had...one, to save money and two, because it's a cute dress and it's modest. BUT, some girls at work convinced me to go try some on just for fun. I thought at the very least it would make for a fun memory. Well, I found one I kinda like..... and after putting that one on I now feel fat and frumpy in my size four other one. I talked to Levi and he was really encouraging of getting a new one. He was sooooo sweet saying that he had enough to cover it, and not to worry about it (It's not a crazy amount). I was feeling guilty though and brought in the dress I have to a coworker, to find out if it can be taken out, even just a little. The waist fits fine really, it's just the top portion that doesn't fit anymore, she said she would have to redo the whole bodice. Which would take a lot of work, but she could do it. She enjoys doing that kind of stuff and is good at it. The thought though of her going through all that work, just for the chance that I may not like it.....well, it freaks me out! SOOOOOOO I think I'm going to be doing some dress shopping.....!! I'm excited and stressed at the same time. I only have four months and I don't want to spend a lot of money. *sigh* Well, that's my wedding dress dilemma.

Oh....and it is getting really VERY hard to be away from Levi! I won't see him again until the end of March for Alaska's Youth Convention. I feel like I'm on the verge of tears every time I think about it....

As for my blog. I can't figure out how to get my background back.....!! Jenna is more then likely the only one that can fix it........ Levi and I both have tried.....

5 comments:

  1. So we should have gone to that dress thing at the mall after all! Have fun dress hunting, we have lots of fun memories and pictures from when my sister and I did! Happy hunting!

    Please pray for Nancy and the family, her dad had a heart attack and the doctors found cancer in his heart. They're not giving him much time left to live. Please pray for the family. They're all in WA now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find a dress no problem. It may sound weird, but some really great websites out there for modest dresses are the LDS, or Mormon wedding dress sites. Because they all have sleeves of some sort and are in general way more modest than most wedding dresses of today. Girl, you will be fine! I only had 6 months when we got engaged to the wedding date and I had no problems. My dress was the most expensive part of the whole wedding. But it was teh first dress I tried on, and I loved it. It also made me look thin, woot woot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. then again my dress was only $250 and was THE dress, and it's really simple to add sleeves or a modesty panel if you find the dress you LOVE... and make sure that you do LOVE the dress. it's your wedding day, the day of dreams come true

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go with the new dress. God will give you the PERFECT dress at the PERFECT price. When you surrender all your ideas to the Lord and you are faithful to him he will make every detail perfect. It will be beautiful Jessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much for the comments! I'm more exctited now then stressed. Thank you!!

    Libby,I know.....!!! WE soooooo should have gone!! That would have been so much fun!! I have been praying for Nancy...and the whole family....I'm sure it's rough on them all. Can you let me know if you hear anything...??

    Kasey, You know...I've looked at those webesites. Both for wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. They have A LOT of beautiful things!! We will see....I guess I'm a little hesitant of buying online.

    Megan, I know...I keep being told to pick the dress that makes you feel the most beautiful. =)That you'll know when you have THE ONE! ;)

    Tammy, Thank you SO much for what you said. I almost cried. God has already proven to me that he cares about the details with finding the church. I KNOW God led me to that church! Why wouldn't He care about THE dress?? Yet, I haven't asked Him to lead me to the dress HE wants.....Thank you for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete